Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I play Shadowrun!, Holy crap!
Tanegar
post May 3 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,731

I had my first session tonight. Four people, three players and the GM, though apparently a fifth will be joining us at the next session in two weeks. Much fun (and pizza) was had by all. My ork knife adept kicked a moderate amount of ass, including kicking the snot out of an air spirit and torturing a beautiful female assassin. I leapt from a speeding van onto the top of a speeding car, which immediately ran off the road and crashed because our mage set the driver on fire. We all failed many, many perception rolls and made a few stupid decisions, but still managed to achieve the immediate objective. Woohoo!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ICPiK
post May 3 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,909

Congrats! Chummer and welcome to our world. SR is one of my favorite things and i will be playing tomorrow and know I'm gonna have a good time. And remember mistakes are always a learning experience as long as you live to not repeat em.

+Quote Post
Lordmalachdrim
post May 3 2009, 03:39 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 5,531

Welcome to the shadows and enjoy your stay.

+Quote Post
Psikerlord
post May 3 2009, 04:13 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,094

yeah have a blast, adepts are great fun.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post May 3 2009, 06:59 AM
Post #5

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

QUOTE (ICPiK @ May 2 2009, 09:32 PM) *
And remember mistakes are always a learning experience as long as you live to not repeat em.

Hey, you are guaranteed to not repeat them if they kill you.

+Quote Post
lordnth
post May 4 2009, 02:09 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 16,862

114 posts and you're just playing your first game?
I'm going to assume you posted a lot today or really haven't been reading these threads to know that you really shouldn't fail your perception tests...
...wait...
A third option. You're GM doesn't read these threads and it's ok to fail that many perception tests...

LOL

Welocme to SR. I'll warn you. You don't visit ShadowRun. It holds you hostage. It's held me since I first read the fold out promo flyers by FASA in the late 80s.

And work on those perception rolls will ya? Before you Drek us all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post May 4 2009, 07:25 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

I'm having bad flashbacks of one of the PCs in an old game of mine having his sniper try and do a flying kick off the roof of a speeding van to a Shaman who'd just broke cover. Then again that was the same game one of the guys told everyone they had to accept he was the leader or he'd blow himself and them all up.

Anywho... too much LSD in my past, apparently... keep enjoying the play.

+Quote Post
Aaron
post May 4 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #8

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,314

QUOTE (Tanegar @ May 2 2009, 09:18 PM) *
My ork knife adept kicked a moderate amount of ass, including kicking the snot out of an air spirit and torturing a beautiful female assassin. I leapt from a speeding van onto the top of a speeding car, which immediately ran off the road and crashed because our mage set the driver on fire. We all failed many, many perception rolls and made a few stupid decisions, but still managed to achieve the immediate objective.

I mentioned this part of your post to my fiance, and her response echoed mine: yep, you're playing Shadowrun. =i)

+Quote Post
Murrdox
post May 4 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,752

When we first started playing SR4 last year, after I gave my players their first Karma award most of them spent some of it by putting points into Perception. Also, Computer. They figured since they weren't hackers they didn't need any computer skill, which proved incorrect when they tried to do the most basic of Matrix searches.

+Quote Post
ICPiK
post May 4 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,909

QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 3 2009, 06:59 AM) *
Hey, you are guaranteed to not repeat them if they kill you.

That's a pretty strict learning curve! But I guess your right LMAO.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post May 4 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

Welcome to the shadows, Tanegar. Here's your coupon for a free drink at Dante's Inferno (subject to event change).

+Quote Post
SincereAgape
post May 4 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,610

Sounds like a story to tell the fellow newbs at the Cathcode Glow. Maybe we wont' have to wait 60 minutes before getting into that club. Welcome to the high known as running the shadows omae. As my old friend Argent used to say, Live Hard Die Fast.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post May 15 2009, 02:04 AM
Post #13

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

as long as your GM is gentle it only hurts the first time, then it's lots of fun

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post May 15 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

QUOTE (Tanegar @ May 2 2009, 11:18 PM) *
I had my first session tonight. Four people, three players and the GM, though apparently a fifth will be joining us at the next session in two weeks. Much fun (and pizza) was had by all. My ork knife adept kicked a moderate amount of ass, including kicking the snot out of an air spirit and torturing a beautiful female assassin. I leapt from a speeding van onto the top of a speeding car, which immediately ran off the road and crashed because our mage set the driver on fire. We all failed many, many perception rolls and made a few stupid decisions, but still managed to achieve the immediate objective. Woohoo!

I will quote a funny little flying boggle I saw in an old 2D Sci Fi movie: "I hope you didn't kill anybody I KNOW, eh?"
Is there any OTHER kind of female assasin in Shadowrun? *playful wink*
Welcome to the shadows.
You can always tell how much time somebody has spent in the shadows by checkinh their new character's sheet: Perception at WHAT?!

+Quote Post
aftershock
post May 18 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 17,165

Welcome to the shadows chummer your life will never be quite the same again
Have fun and enjoy

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post May 18 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

Yeah, welcome to the shadows. If you need a friend on the dark side...let me know.^^

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.