> moving a ward
wylie
post May 21 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,567

i understand you cannot normally move a ward once set

i got an adventure coming up where a mage wants to protect some items behind a ward, while in a moving box

is there any problem with warding the package after it has been placed in the moving box? the box will then be moved around town to keep the runners guessing

i am guessing that since the package is not moving, the ward will not be disrupted when the shipping box moves

any info either way is welcomed, as this is a very grey area

thanx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post May 21 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

Yes, that would work.

+Quote Post
Psikerlord
post May 22 2009, 02:50 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,094

yep, check the FAQ (street magic, I think) - it clarifies wards on exactly this topic. It has an example of a shipping container on a boat with a ward on the container. Similar to what your mage wants to do.

+Quote Post
darthmord
post May 22 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 11,548

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: The ward cannnot be moved with respect to its immediate area. But the immediate area can be moved without disrupting the ward.

Example: You place a ward on a box or container of some sort. You cannot move the ward itself. You can however pick up the box or container the ward is inside and move the box/container around. Thus you can ward the inside of a truck and drive around with the ward intact.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:59 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.