IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clone Sleeves, Inspired by Eclipse Phase reading.
Prime Mover
post May 25 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

So was re-reading Augmentation and Runners Companion recently after having been stalking the Eclipse Phase site for a few days. I got to thinking after reading about biomorph drones in Eclipse Phase. Are Jumping Jacks and Biomorph drones from the SR books one and the same? Rigger adapted blank clones? What a great idea the rigger can customize his "street sami" clone for on site work. What if some company/organization was able to duplicate the abilities of the "Soulkiller.....err I mean JackBNimble" program. Then Runners could possibly have the ability to swap bodies for job specs and keep copies of themselves some were safe. As a gm I'm liking the idea (insert strangled laugh).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post May 25 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

Be careful with that, because if you rule that that is possible in the SR universe - and possible at the level of shadowrunners, as opposed to megacorporations - then every SR team will start doing it. Understand how it's going to totally remodel the game universe before you do it.

Why not just play Eclipse Phase?

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post May 25 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

I have to imagine cost would make it prohibitive. And the latter part of my post still seems out of reach in the SR universe.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post May 27 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

"We want you to change his mind," the Johnson said, flashing his theeth. "It's on file somewhere..."

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post May 27 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ May 27 2009, 12:03 PM) *
"We want you to change his mind," the Johnson said, flashing his theeth. "It's on file somewhere..."

Haha, nice.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post May 27 2009, 09:12 PM
Post #6

Deus Absconditus

Member No.: 5,566

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 25 2009, 04:49 AM) *
So was re-reading Augmentation and Runners Companion recently after having been stalking the Eclipse Phase site for a few days. I got to thinking after reading about biomorph drones in Eclipse Phase. Are Jumping Jacks and Biomorph drones from the SR books one and the same? Rigger adapted blank clones? What a great idea the rigger can customize his "street sami" clone for on site work. What if some company/organization was able to duplicate the abilities of the "Soulkiller.....err I mean JackBNimble" program. Then Runners could possibly have the ability to swap bodies for job specs and keep copies of themselves some were safe. As a gm I'm liking the idea (insert strangled laugh).

I did, in fact, run an ENTIRE game around this concept about 3 years ago. I highly suggest running with it if you wanna - it's fun, it's high tech, and puts a lot of the Neuromancer into your game if you're in the mood for that.

I also figured that JackBNimble'd people couldn't change - their code was hard-set, and only those with the most heavy amounts of self-awareness (and Computer skill) could change their core directives. the plot centered around a group of Banded who had been Jack B. Nimbled and who were hell-bent on continuing their war, even though their war was for all intents and purposes, over.

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post May 27 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #7

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Richard K Morgan

+Quote Post
Synner667
post Jun 7 2009, 11:08 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,753

QUOTE (DireRadiant @ May 27 2009, 11:30 PM) *
Richard K Morgan

Totally awesome Takeshi Kovacs trilogy [Richard Morgan - Altered Carbon, Broken Angels, Woken Furies] or Greg Mandel trilogy [Peter F Hamilton - Mindstar Rising, Quantum Murder, Nanoflower].

Or just read and use GURPS Transhuman Space material that's been kicking around for years...
..Eclipse Phase is years late for the RPG concept.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Jun 7 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Or just read and use GURPS Transhuman Space material that's been kicking around for years...
..Eclipse Phase is years late for the RPG concept.

Battletech and Shadowrun borrowed alot from earlier concepts too, but they did do it better.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Jun 8 2009, 03:42 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 25 2009, 12:49 PM) *

Funnily enough, that's not that far from what's happening my game...

[ Spoiler ]

- J.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 11:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.