Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clone Sleeves
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
So was re-reading Augmentation and Runners Companion recently after having been stalking the Eclipse Phase site for a few days. I got to thinking after reading about biomorph drones in Eclipse Phase. Are Jumping Jacks and Biomorph drones from the SR books one and the same? Rigger adapted blank clones? What a great idea the rigger can customize his "street sami" clone for on site work. What if some company/organization was able to duplicate the abilities of the "Soulkiller.....err I mean JackBNimble" program. Then Runners could possibly have the ability to swap bodies for job specs and keep copies of themselves some were safe. As a gm I'm liking the idea (insert strangled laugh).
Zen Shooter01
Be careful with that, because if you rule that that is possible in the SR universe - and possible at the level of shadowrunners, as opposed to megacorporations - then every SR team will start doing it. Understand how it's going to totally remodel the game universe before you do it.

Why not just play Eclipse Phase?
Prime Mover
I have to imagine cost would make it prohibitive. And the latter part of my post still seems out of reach in the SR universe.
Kanada Ten
"We want you to change his mind," the Johnson said, flashing his theeth. "It's on file somewhere..."
Draco18s
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ May 27 2009, 12:03 PM) *
"We want you to change his mind," the Johnson said, flashing his theeth. "It's on file somewhere..."

Haha, nice.
Adarael
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 25 2009, 04:49 AM) *
So was re-reading Augmentation and Runners Companion recently after having been stalking the Eclipse Phase site for a few days. I got to thinking after reading about biomorph drones in Eclipse Phase. Are Jumping Jacks and Biomorph drones from the SR books one and the same? Rigger adapted blank clones? What a great idea the rigger can customize his "street sami" clone for on site work. What if some company/organization was able to duplicate the abilities of the "Soulkiller.....err I mean JackBNimble" program. Then Runners could possibly have the ability to swap bodies for job specs and keep copies of themselves some were safe. As a gm I'm liking the idea (insert strangled laugh).

I did, in fact, run an ENTIRE game around this concept about 3 years ago. I highly suggest running with it if you wanna - it's fun, it's high tech, and puts a lot of the Neuromancer into your game if you're in the mood for that.

I also figured that JackBNimble'd people couldn't change - their code was hard-set, and only those with the most heavy amounts of self-awareness (and Computer skill) could change their core directives. the plot centered around a group of Banded who had been Jack B. Nimbled and who were hell-bent on continuing their war, even though their war was for all intents and purposes, over.
DireRadiant
Richard K Morgan
Synner667
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ May 27 2009, 11:30 PM) *
Richard K Morgan

Totally awesome Takeshi Kovacs trilogy [Richard Morgan - Altered Carbon, Broken Angels, Woken Furies] or Greg Mandel trilogy [Peter F Hamilton - Mindstar Rising, Quantum Murder, Nanoflower].

Or just read and use GURPS Transhuman Space material that's been kicking around for years...
..Eclipse Phase is years late for the RPG concept.
Prime Mover
Or just read and use GURPS Transhuman Space material that's been kicking around for years...
..Eclipse Phase is years late for the RPG concept.

Battletech and Shadowrun borrowed alot from earlier concepts too, but they did do it better.
The Jake
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 25 2009, 12:49 PM) *

Funnily enough, that's not that far from what's happening my game...

[ Spoiler ]

- J.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012