Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Negative Quality: Illness, Starting with a disease at character generation
Method
post Jun 12 2009, 05:45 AM
Post #1

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

I am currently building a character who's background includes a rare seizure disorder. I'd like to stick as close to RAW as possible, so I'm going to use the rules for TLE-x in Augmentation (page 132) for the in game effects of the disease. But it seems to me that there should be a Negative Quality that reflects starting the game with such an affliction. None of the Negative Qualities published thus far seem to take this into account, except for maybe the Borrowed Time, but as silly as it sounds I'd like for my character not to fall over dead at some random moment...

My question is has anyone ever run into this situation before? If so how did you resolve it? How many BP should it be worth to have a disease like TLE (or any other you'd care to discuss)? Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Jun 12 2009, 06:45 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,002

QUOTE (Method @ Jun 12 2009, 08:45 AM) *
I am currently building a character who's background includes a rare seizure disorder. I'd like to stick as close to RAW as possible, so I'm going to use the rules for TLE-x in Augmentation (page 132) for the in game effects of the disease. But it seems to me that there should be a Negative Quality that reflects starting the game with such an affliction. None of the Negative Qualities published thus far seem to take this into account, except for maybe the Borrowed Time, but as silly as it sounds I'd like for my character not to fall over dead at some random moment...

My question is has anyone ever run into this situation before? If so how did you resolve it? How many BP should it be worth to have a disease like TLE (or any other you'd care to discuss)? Any ideas?

What about modified Allergy(Uncommon (2 bp),Moderate (8 bp) negative quality?
Contact of Allergen causes muscle cramps..
paying this quality off will cost karma,money and essence..

+Quote Post
Method
post Jun 12 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #3

Street Doc

Stingray: Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't really fit with my concept. Like I said I'd like to use the rules for TLE-x for the mechanics, since that represents a RAW precedent for a seizure disorder.

+Quote Post
shuya
post Jun 12 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,986

TLE-x is its own negative flaw, 10 points, augmentation page 22

+Quote Post
Method
post Jun 12 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #5

Street Doc

Ah missed that. Exactly what I needed. Thanks!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.