Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Negative Quality: Illness
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Method
I am currently building a character who's background includes a rare seizure disorder. I'd like to stick as close to RAW as possible, so I'm going to use the rules for TLE-x in Augmentation (page 132) for the in game effects of the disease. But it seems to me that there should be a Negative Quality that reflects starting the game with such an affliction. None of the Negative Qualities published thus far seem to take this into account, except for maybe the Borrowed Time, but as silly as it sounds I'd like for my character not to fall over dead at some random moment...

My question is has anyone ever run into this situation before? If so how did you resolve it? How many BP should it be worth to have a disease like TLE (or any other you'd care to discuss)? Any ideas?
Stingray
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 12 2009, 08:45 AM) *
I am currently building a character who's background includes a rare seizure disorder. I'd like to stick as close to RAW as possible, so I'm going to use the rules for TLE-x in Augmentation (page 132) for the in game effects of the disease. But it seems to me that there should be a Negative Quality that reflects starting the game with such an affliction. None of the Negative Qualities published thus far seem to take this into account, except for maybe the Borrowed Time, but as silly as it sounds I'd like for my character not to fall over dead at some random moment...

My question is has anyone ever run into this situation before? If so how did you resolve it? How many BP should it be worth to have a disease like TLE (or any other you'd care to discuss)? Any ideas?

What about modified Allergy(Uncommon (2 bp),Moderate (8 bp) negative quality?
Contact of Allergen causes muscle cramps..
paying this quality off will cost karma,money and essence..
Method
Stingray: Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't really fit with my concept. Like I said I'd like to use the rules for TLE-x for the mechanics, since that represents a RAW precedent for a seizure disorder.
shuya
TLE-x is its own negative flaw, 10 points, augmentation page 22
Method
Ah missed that. Exactly what I needed. Thanks!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012