Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I using this correctly?, Magical compound problems
Laesin
post Jun 14 2009, 02:34 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,035

OK one of my players is making a habit of using the Spirit Strength magical compound. He's an adept with Essence six.
The enhanced attributes power as detailed in critters says you gain (essence) added to your physical attributes but every specific case in critters has some severe restrictions on its use. Is he supposed to gain +6 str, bod, and qui (hence +3 reaction from quickness), +3d6 initiative, and one enhanced sense for the full 7-12 hours, or is he supposed to gain some of those benefits at a time of his choice within those 7-12 hours?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Jun 14 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,237

thats the way i ran it. then again magical compounds i believe were meant to be very hard to get your hands on. i dont believe they have cost or availability but i may be wrong. if its breaking your game stop giving to them or make it harder to get.

+Quote Post
Laesin
post Jun 14 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,035

Nah, its not ruining my game, I just wasn't any too sure that it was right. It feels just a wee bit overpowered as is but its easy to workaround without changing mechanics or taking away my player's favourite toy.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:51 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.