IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun Ad Campaigns, Got any good ones?
Falanin
post Jun 20 2009, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,929

7second VR spot,

Visual of unbroken dark clouds, no horizon or ground visible. POV moves forward all through the spot. Unsettling subsonics. Emotive despair, spiked with heartache at 0:00:01.5 and 0:00:02.7 synchronized with violent lightning and thunder. At 0:00:03.2, something becomes visible through the clouds, gradually resolving itself as the giant "N" logo (ed. in granite?) at 0:00:04.3. Emotive uncertainty at 0:00:03.8 shading to incredulity by 0:00:04.2. At 0:00:04.5, a calm basso voice announces "Got NERPS?"(ed. like Barry White or Lawrence Fishburne?) From 0:00:04.9 to end the clouds slowly lighten. At 0:00:06.3 the size of the giant "N" logo (ed. about 190m tall) is revealed as a small flock of doves circles it. Subsonics resolve into understated major chords. Emotive disbelief wars with dawning hope and slowly loses from 0:00:04.7 to end.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jun 20 2009, 04:11 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

Lightspeed Underwear
As seen in your dreams!

Wait.

+Quote Post
Meatbag
post Jun 20 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,603

This.

Slowly phased out of full simsense after a tragic accident involving a troll and an illegally modified sim module.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jun 20 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Meatbag @ Jun 20 2009, 07:18 AM) *
This.

Slowly phased out of full simsense after a tragic accident involving a troll and an illegally modified sim module.

Or this.

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Jun 21 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

Um, anybody remember the adds out of the RoboCop series of movies? Sunblock 3000 "Just apply a pint *schlurp* and you're good for HOURS... Warning, product WILL cause cancer" or "And it doesn't even drain the battery!" or the SUX-2000 car? I always think of them first and foremost in my visuals of the 6th World's marketing campaigns. For the intra-corp propaganda, Starship Troopers "Would you like to know more?" comes to mind. (Now I have the sound track stuck in my head. *sigh*) Or some of the adds out of Running Man or Total Recall or Seventh Day? Um, just how many movies IS Awnohld in that qualify as dystopian future Sci-Fi, anyway?

If the corp is REALLY drinking their own Kool-Aid, think Demolition Man: "Fellow greetings, Citizen! You look Gr8 2dA!" or "You are a sensitive man who inspires joy-joy feelings in all those around him!" Or if we're still on Sly, "Eat recycled food. Recycled food; it's good for the environment and Okay for you" from Judge Dredd.

And yes, all of that came from memory.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jun 21 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

I had some game on my computer, reminicent of Starship Troopers--not that I ever saw it--but it was humorous in its advertising, as "showing products in advertisements is unlawful" or "using product names in advertisements is illegal." So it was a red square saying things like "Eat Food Product X-987-c!"

+Quote Post
Wesley Street
post Jun 21 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 15,686

Any NERPS ad should have a three minute spiel about the various side-effects it may cause.

+Quote Post
Falanin
post Jun 21 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,929

Well, yes. Fine print is what the subliminals are for. Hell, if you spike the simsense right, you can make them think the effects spelled out in the fine print are a GOOD thing.

EDIT:Spelling

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.