Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Possibly Stupid Question: Recoil and Vehicle Mounts
Aberrant
post Jun 27 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,824

I am debating playing a drone rigger for the first time in an upcoming campaign, but there is one major issue I cannot seem to address. I have looked everywhere I can think of in both the core book and Arsenal, but I cannot find an answer.

What, if any, recoil compensation do vehicle weapon mounts provide? I can find no information on the topic, so I have 4 possible ideas at the moment.

1 - they neutralize recoil (most powerful, but seems abusable)
2 - they offer no change and rely on the weapon itself to provide RC
3 - they count as a tripod (6 RC)
4 - they count as a gyromount (6 RC again, just mildly different explanation)

I am sure someone more familiar with SR than myself has a proper answer, however, so I will hope and wait for advice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jun 27 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

a vehicle mounted weapon has it's recoil negated. if this seems hideously broken to you, you can limit it to the vehicle's body rating (both the rule and the suggestion are found in arsenal)

+Quote Post
Matsci
post Jun 27 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,626

In Arsenal, on page 105, it says that it's absolute for heavier vehicles, but if the GM feels that's being abused, he should count the body of the vehicle as recoil comp

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.