Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possibly Stupid Question: Recoil and Vehicle Mounts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aberrant
I am debating playing a drone rigger for the first time in an upcoming campaign, but there is one major issue I cannot seem to address. I have looked everywhere I can think of in both the core book and Arsenal, but I cannot find an answer.

What, if any, recoil compensation do vehicle weapon mounts provide? I can find no information on the topic, so I have 4 possible ideas at the moment.

1 - they neutralize recoil (most powerful, but seems abusable)
2 - they offer no change and rely on the weapon itself to provide RC
3 - they count as a tripod (6 RC)
4 - they count as a gyromount (6 RC again, just mildly different explanation)

I am sure someone more familiar with SR than myself has a proper answer, however, so I will hope and wait for advice.
Jaid
a vehicle mounted weapon has it's recoil negated. if this seems hideously broken to you, you can limit it to the vehicle's body rating (both the rule and the suggestion are found in arsenal)
Matsci
In Arsenal, on page 105, it says that it's absolute for heavier vehicles, but if the GM feels that's being abused, he should count the body of the vehicle as recoil comp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012