IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vomeronasal Organ & Olfactory Booster, Offsetting the penalties & possible stacking
KCKitsune
post Jul 6 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,665

OK everyone, I've got two question for you.

If I had a SURGE character with the Vomeronasal Organ and an cyberware Olfactory Booster:
  1. Since the Olfactory booster can "turn off" your sense of smell can that eliminate the penalities for not wearing a respirator?
  2. Would the bonuses stack?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Jul 6 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

I think that is a GM-decision. Acc. to the rules, i would say "donĀ“t know". The olfactory booster adds receptors to your existing ones and increases your sense of smell this way. Also it can cancel your natural senses and if you have a vomeronasal organ, this should cancel this too. But the question is: does the olfactory booster really just add receptors, or does it replace them? If the latter, then you would lose this veno.-organ by implanting.

+Quote Post
Traul
post Jul 6 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 17,229

QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jul 6 2009, 09:49 AM) *
But the question is: does the olfactory booster really just add receptors, or does it replace them?

Add. Otherwise it could not fit in a limb.

+Quote Post
HappyDaze
post Jul 6 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,669

You can use a Hot-Sim Modified Sim Module to override your own olfactory sense so that you'll smell roses whenever you wish and ignore the penalties. At the same time, you won't smell anything but roses, so it could cause problems on rare occasion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:31 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.