Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vomeronasal Organ & Olfactory Booster
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KCKitsune
OK everyone, I've got two question for you.

If I had a SURGE character with the Vomeronasal Organ and an cyberware Olfactory Booster:
  1. Since the Olfactory booster can "turn off" your sense of smell can that eliminate the penalities for not wearing a respirator?
  2. Would the bonuses stack?
Machiavelli
I think that is a GM-decision. Acc. to the rules, i would say "donĀ“t know". The olfactory booster adds receptors to your existing ones and increases your sense of smell this way. Also it can cancel your natural senses and if you have a vomeronasal organ, this should cancel this too. But the question is: does the olfactory booster really just add receptors, or does it replace them? If the latter, then you would lose this veno.-organ by implanting.
Traul
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jul 6 2009, 09:49 AM) *
But the question is: does the olfactory booster really just add receptors, or does it replace them?

Add. Otherwise it could not fit in a limb.
HappyDaze
You can use a Hot-Sim Modified Sim Module to override your own olfactory sense so that you'll smell roses whenever you wish and ignore the penalties. At the same time, you won't smell anything but roses, so it could cause problems on rare occasion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012