Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Falling Damage
SaintHax
post Jul 9 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,602

Maybe I missed this, but what do you use to resist falling damage? I'd think you'd get AGI + BOD + Impact armor.

If it's just Body and Impact, then a normal 3 Body, unarmored man, will break something (1 physical damage) if he falls one meter. Being a fall, and not jumping down... I could see stun damage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kerrang
post Jul 9 2009, 03:24 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,088

To resist falling damage, you only use Body + 1/2 Impact.

+Quote Post
Mäx
post Jul 9 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 15,628

QUOTE (Kerrang @ Jul 9 2009, 06:24 PM) *
To resist falling damage, you only use Body + 1/2 Impact.

+gymnastic skill dice.

+Quote Post
Zaranthan
post Jul 9 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,949

Spraining an ankle or fracturing your wrist are perfectly acceptable injuries from falling three feet. Jumping down wouldn't hurt much at all, as you noticed, and Joe Average's 3 Agi would give him a fair chance of getting the one hit he needs to pull it off safely.

For those who would apply dice percentages to the daily difficulty of hopping down two stairs, keep in mind that such a mundane circumstance shouldn't call for a roll at all. Jumping off a planter while running away from armed guards, however, puts enough stress on poor Joe to justify his enlarged risk.

+Quote Post
toolbox
post Jul 9 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,251

Personal anecdote - I once sprained my ankle so badly by jumping off a five-foot ledge that not only was I on crutches for two weeks, but it also took me about two minutes to notice the quarter-inch thick stick rammed an inch into my right arm. Still have the scar.

So yeah, short falls can really do a number on you.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 9 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Falling down ONE SINGLE STAIR is enough to get seriously injured. Trust me. I have been there. That was so frigging humiliating <.<

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.