Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gen Con News, ?
Prime Mover
post Aug 14 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Any luck folks from con have any news to pass on?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Aug 14 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,708

Bull made a post stating that there were *plenty* of SR books for those who wanted them at GenCon.

He also stated there was an Ares Tshirt and Ares Dice?

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=833856

BlueMax
/who hopes this isnt out of date as he opened it before meetings and the lunch cycle
//followed by more meetings.

+Quote Post
CodeBreaker
post Aug 14 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,249

QUOTE (BlueMax @ Aug 14 2009, 10:19 PM) *
Bull made a post stating that there were *plenty* of SR books for those who wanted them at GenCon.

He also stated there was an Ares Tshirt and Ares Dice?

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=833856

BlueMax
/who hopes this isnt out of date as he opened it before meetings and the lunch cycle
//followed by more meetings.

Cursed not being at GenCon and wanting a copy of Seattle 2072... Damn you Americans and your multiple gaming cons!

+Quote Post
the_real_elwood
post Aug 14 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,349

So is that Seattle 2072 book going to be out for retail or online sale? Because I don't see it on the Shadowrun website's product lineup.

+Quote Post
Eugene
post Aug 17 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,625

Did anyone attend the Shadowrun seminar and want to share what they heard?

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Aug 17 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

QUOTE (the_real_elwood @ Aug 14 2009, 05:23 PM) *
So is that Seattle 2072 book going to be out for retail or online sale? Because I don't see it on the Shadowrun website's product lineup.

I asked that precise question and was told it's essentially a pre-print copy; A demo if you will before full print. The good news, from my perspective, is that the thing is essentially "at the printers" and should be on shelves at most within a month or two. It WILL be available for pre-order "soon" so probably shortly after they unpack from the con.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 17 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #7

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 17 2009, 09:25 AM) *
I asked that precise question and was told it's essentially a pre-print copy; A demo if you will before full print. The good news, from my perspective, is that the thing is essentially "at the printers" and should be on shelves at most within a month or two.

I hope that none of us said "a month or two." Seattle 2072 is an overseas print so it has a long travel time and all the hassles with that -- plus, as those that were at GenCon know, there was a slight printing issue (page three was left blank) and so we have to figure out how to best fix that.

As usual, we'll announce a street date when we have the book in our warehouse. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
otakusensei
post Aug 17 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,514

I was just going through some old SR stuff, like my SR2 GM screen with it's hand added errata. Maybe you could post some notes for page three and have folks pencil it in? I also see the roots of an interesting new contest...

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 17 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #9

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

So will Seattle 2072 be released as a pdf or is it a dead tree exclusive?

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 17 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #10

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 17 2009, 10:34 AM) *
So will Seattle 2072 be released as a pdf or is it a dead tree exclusive?

It will be released in PDF.

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Aug 17 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 17 2009, 08:42 AM) *
I hope that none of us said "a month or two." Seattle 2072 is an overseas print so it has a long travel time and all the hassles with that -- plus, as those that were at GenCon know, there was a slight printing issue (page three was left blank) and so we have to figure out how to best fix that.

As usual, we'll announce a street date when we have the book in our warehouse. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

No, I "interpreted" that to keep people from chewing at your door, Adam. After the way people (like me) were gnawing on your ankles about SR4A, I didn't want to get people slavering any worse than they already are over that book. Take me, for example. *grin* So when I heard it was essentially a pre-print copy, and knew it was going to be overseas with all the color, so I didn't want to raise expectations. But if it's NOT going to be "a month or two", does that mean we can expect it relatively soon, or is this one going to be a ways out? If there really was an "oops" with a blank page, that doesn't sound like "around the corner". But I'd probably still buy that glitched copy off you anyhow in the meantime... not kidding here.

+Quote Post
cryptoknight
post Aug 17 2009, 07:27 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 12,735

Lets see... from Hero Lab (Lone wolf Dev) the contract for a Hero Lab Shadowrun character builder is apparently sitting in CGL's hands and that when they sign the bloody thing the development which has reached some kind of milestone will progress and we'll be able to use HL to manage SR4a characters.

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 17 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #13

Street Doc

Member No.: 6,114

QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Aug 17 2009, 12:27 PM) *
Hero Lab
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/eek.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

+Quote Post
Bull
post Aug 17 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #14

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Aug 17 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Lets see... from Hero Lab (Lone wolf Dev) the contract for a Hero Lab Shadowrun character builder is apparently sitting in CGL's hands and that when they sign the bloody thing the development which has reached some kind of milestone will progress and we'll be able to use HL to manage SR4a characters.

From what I understand of the situation (Which is admittedly very little, and could well be wrong), it's not entirely in CGL or Lone Wolf's hands. Keep in mind there are 2-3 other companies involved here: WizKids/Topps (Who still own the core property license), Microsoft (who still own the electronic rights) and possibly even Smith & Tinkjer (Who are licensing the electronic rights from MS). Depending on the wording in the various contracts, this could be a very complicated and involved deal, regardless of how much everyone involved may want to make it happen.

+Quote Post
cryptoknight
post Aug 17 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 17 2009, 02:11 PM) *

Don't get too excited... for some odd reason this sounds similar to the line Lone Wolf gave me last year when I asked them why they were flying the SR logo in their booth.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 17 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #16

Prime Runner

It's not a "line." The legal situation is... complicated, as Bull says.

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Aug 17 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #17

Running Target

Hey, Shadowrun started in the 80s and thus doing "lines" is apropos.

Ohh wait, uh.... nevermind

BlueMax
/who wipes his nose.

+Quote Post
ravensmuse
post Aug 18 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 14,507

I was disappointed that by the time I got to the Catalyst booth this year, they were already out of the dice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

OTOH, got my girl the "You Must Be This Hot to Play With Me" shirt and SR4a, so it all worked out in the end.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 18 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

So no new info on upcoming products? No info on whats in store for next year? No pics from anyone (Seattle 72 cover)?

+Quote Post
CodeBreaker
post Aug 18 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,249

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...25&start=25 that Thread has some pictures.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Aug 18 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #21

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Member No.: 50

Yeah, I posted a bunch of pics I took from the booth over in the sticky thread.

Unfortunately, I missed the Whats up with Shadowrun seminar due to having a game to run during that timeslot, so I have no idea what was announced and discussed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
cryptoknight
post Aug 18 2009, 04:55 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

QUOTE (Adam @ Aug 17 2009, 03:57 PM) *
It's not a "line." The legal situation is... complicated, as Bull says.

Put it however you want... one of the major reasons I find myself playing more D&D 4e and less Shadowrun 4a is that 4e has the Character builder.
Now I can manage my characters electronically and print copies when necessary. The Excel solution while mostly functional just doesn't cut it in comparison. Now I just keep two copies of a digital file (one on a flash drive, one local to disk) and I can print my character when necessary to play.

4a is massively more complicated than 4e, both in character creation and maintenance. Having some way that works to manage my characters would entice me to play it more.

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Aug 18 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,507

QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Aug 18 2009, 07:13 AM) *
I was disappointed that by the time I got to the Catalyst booth this year, they were already out of the dice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

OTOH, got my girl the "You Must Be This Hot to Play With Me" shirt and SR4a, so it all worked out in the end.

Will the Ares dice be available online? What about the shirts?

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Aug 18 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #24

Running Target

QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Aug 18 2009, 09:55 AM) *
Put it however you want... one of the major reasons I find myself playing more D&D 4e and less Shadowrun 4a is that 4e has the Character builder.
Now I can manage my characters electronically and print copies when necessary. The Excel solution while mostly functional just doesn't cut it in comparison. Now I just keep two copies of a digital file (one on a flash drive, one local to disk) and I can print my character when necessary to play.

4a is massively more complicated than 4e, both in character creation and maintenance. Having some way that works to manage my characters would entice me to play it more.

The DDi character builder is indeed awesome. However, if I were a publisher I would phe4r a DDi tool. Why? with it players need not buy any books. The complete effects are listed in the DDi. This includes gear.

I play a Tiefling Warlord and own 0 of the books. Another player shows up early and he does up my character on his laptop whilst I shoulder surf.

As to which is more complicated, I concede that SR4A is more complicated. However, thats because it has real choice. 90% of the Warlord power are the same thing with a small tweak, so I am a bit bitter.

BlueMax
/and few to NONE are Reliable
//jealousy++

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Aug 18 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #25

Running Target

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Aug 18 2009, 10:04 AM) *
Will the Ares dice be available online? What about the shirts?

Please say yes. And the Doc Wagon patches too.

BlueMax

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.