Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seattle 2072, Info
Prime Mover
post Aug 20 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

So any lucky souls who got there hands on one feel like a review/spoilers? We know that page 3 is blank? Missing text or just an extra page? How's the art? Content? I hear the maps are nice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Aug 20 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,166

Anybody feel like scalping me a copy of the book that picked it up from the con? I'm the impatient sort and I'd like to incorporate some of the plot stuff into the end of Kerenshara's current story arc since it sounds like it's already a pretty close fit.

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Aug 20 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #3

Man Behind the Curtain

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Page #3 was the second page of the table of contents.

The layout is the same as SR4a, which I'm really liking. Many short stories, almost one per district, and lots of blurbs about places to be. I miss the security ratings/neighborhoods from Seattle Sourcebook, but those have been missing a while. I love the index in the back that indexes the address (and quick descriptions) of the various sites discussed.

+Quote Post
Malachi
post Aug 20 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 12,350

QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 20 2009, 02:53 PM) *

The layout is the same as SR4a, which I'm really liking. Many short stories, almost one per district, and lots of blurbs about places to be. I miss the security ratings/neighborhoods from Seattle Sourcebook, but those have been missing a while. I love the index in the back that indexes the address (and quick descriptions) of the various sites discussed.

Do you have any favourites from the fiction?

+Quote Post
vladski
post Aug 20 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,176

QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 20 2009, 03:53 PM) *

Oh, it sounds like CGL could semi-remedy that easy enough by jsut posting the second table of contents page online for people to download.  It's not like anyone could use that page to actually play SR4 for "free" and it could even spur some people into buying hte book if they could see the subjects ahead of  time.

This is the first book (other than the core rulebooks) that I am actually excited about.  I gots me a soft spot for Seattle and all but one of my campaigns (the Denver one) use that as the base setting. It should be mandatory that each edition have one book soley dedicated to Seattle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

So, any word on the release date of Shadows of Latin America?  *ducks*  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Vlad

+Quote Post
Bugfoxmaster
post Aug 20 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,510

Unfortunately for me, I AM the patient sort. Or maybe the broke sort. Either way, I gotta wait. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohplease.gif)
Well, what to do. Anyone have any inkling of the release date (I know they don't like giving it out, but a guess is as good as anything...)

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 20 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #7

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (vladski @ Aug 20 2009, 05:41 PM) *
Oh, it sounds like CGL could semi-remedy that easy enough by jsut posting the second table of contents page online for people to download.

We almost always post the TOC of our books anyway as a preview -- this will be done.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 20 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Bugfoxmaster @ Aug 20 2009, 05:45 PM) *
Well, what to do. Anyone have any inkling of the release date (I know they don't like giving it out, but a guess is as good as anything...)

No. We don't give out dates before we have a street date.

+Quote Post
Bugfoxmaster
post Aug 20 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,510

Hurray!
I'm really looking forward to this book too, since I'm in a game in Seattle starting next month...

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Aug 20 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,623

Running a game in seattle right now. Have drawn from the older books and moved forward. Gonna have to see how I can fit the new book info into my exsisting game. Will still buy it of course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Fezig
post Aug 20 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,168

Very cool. I've been running with the little info in Runner Havens, sticking it together with the old source books info, and rolling it all up in a jumbled mess with my personal knowledge of Seattle to try and make a legit layout and set of hangouts, etc for Seattle in 2072. Being able to pull some of that guess work on how things have evolved and actually having it all in a nice cohesive bow ought to really cut down the guess work time I put into some of my story arc ideas.

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Aug 20 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

*grumble* and I still gotta wait until I see a print date.....

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 23 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #13

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

What exactly is meant by hardcopy currency in the book? If it's not credsticks, it sounds like a major quirk when it comes to Nuyen...

+Quote Post
Zen Shooter01
post Aug 23 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,042

Shadowrun4.com says the PDF is available now.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Aug 23 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #15

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Aug 23 2009, 04:29 PM) *
Shadowrun4.com says the PDF is available now.

Slow off the mark. I got it around 9:00am. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It's glossy. The artwork is mostly excellent and the presentation and layout is good with nice fiction inserts. A lot of it is a re-print and padding out of the material in Runner Havens. For example the low-down on the Mafia is mostly the same information with a sprinkle of extra plot-points. A good chunk of it seems to be a kind of tour book blast through the various districts. Clubs, restaurants and businesses. There's a sizeable history section which would be good for new players and GMs. A kind of medicine for the increasing problem of the game's ever expanding back story. Useful padding on the little things, like air-traffic control and border crossing, etc. And then a side dish of little morsels of politics, society, the future etc. These are good. Ten pages of politics can go quite a long way.

If you don't have Runner Havens or previous books on Seattle, then this is almost a must if you're setting your game there. If you have Runner Havens, then this is a bit like Runner Havens Deluxe edition. It's 200 pages and Runner Havens's Seattle section is 59 pages, so I really do mean the Deluxe version. But nontheless, from my initial skimming, that's how it feels. Still, I may not be doing it enough justice as I haven't had much time today to read it. It tastes good, so far. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

K.

+Quote Post
Nath
post Aug 23 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

Nonsense, all nonsense !!!!

DocWagon, Lone Star, PacRim Communications are megacorporations and are not Seattle corps. This table of contents makes no sense !

*move on, mumbling for himself*

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 23 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #17

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Member No.: 5,698

You forget to shake your fists. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 23 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Has MicroDeck changed there name to MircoComm?

+Quote Post
Paul
post Aug 23 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

Will any of the Seattle 206x stuff that didn't get published Adam get put out in any way?

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 23 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #20

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Paul @ Aug 23 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Will any of the Seattle 206x stuff that didn't get published Adam get put out in any way?

None of that fan material appears in the book, of course. Bull and some others are ramping up a Shadowrun magazine -- there's a few threads about it already. You should totally send it over to him!

+Quote Post
Paul
post Aug 23 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #21

Neophyte Runner

I wasn't expecting any of it to make it into the book, but I figured people could use the locations, no matter what the setting or time line. The basic reason I can't send it to Bull is that I don't have it. After I sent it to you I suffered several Computer Crashes. I sent you a PM, but you were busy so I never got a reply. If you have it send it to me, and I'll send it to him, or skip the middle man and just give it to him. If it's gone, well I guess I'll have to start over!

+Quote Post
Adam
post Aug 23 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #22

Prime Runner

I'm pretty sure I have it backed up somewhere; I burnt some archive DVDs a couple years ago when I knew that I would not have the time to work on it anymore. I'll pull them out this week and pass them over to Bull.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Aug 23 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #23

Neophyte Runner

With many thanks. I appreciate it. We tried saving it all, but...well let's say my Gremlins flaw has only upgraded over recent years.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Aug 27 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #24

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Member No.: 5,698

When did Lone Star lose the security contract for Seattle?

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Aug 27 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #25

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

Just after Ghost Cartels.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.