Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dual Natured, It's a kind of magic...
TheFiremage
post Aug 27 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,850

In a recent SR4 session this topic had come up. I pretty much know the answer, but I was wondering what other fellow gamers' opinion would be.

Is it possible for a Dual Natured magician, like a Drake PC, who is Atrally Projecting to cast a spell on a target in the Material Plane? In other words does Dual Natured allow for an Astrally Projecting magician to affect targets not in the Astral Plane?

Thanks for your input.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rasumichin
post Aug 27 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 15,648

QUOTE (TheFiremage @ Aug 27 2009, 06:15 PM) *
In a recent SR4 session this topic had come up. I pretty much know the answer, but I was wondering what other fellow gamers' opinion would be.

Is it possible for a Dual Natured magician, like a Drake PC, who is Atrally Projecting to cast a spell on a target in the Material Plane? In other words does Dual Natured allow for an Astrally Projecting magician to affect targets not in the Astral Plane?

Thanks for your input.

No, it's flat out impossible, no matter wether you're just perceiving astrally or projecting.
The target always has to be on the same plane to be targeted by Spellcasting.
Of course, one can always target other dual beings from the astral, but not targets only present on the physical plane.

+Quote Post
Apathy
post Aug 27 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 6,046

QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Aug 27 2009, 02:18 PM) *
No, it's flat out impossible, no matter wether you're just perceiving astrally or projecting.
The target always has to be on the same plane to be targeted by Spellcasting.
Of course, one can always target other dual beings from the astral, but not targets only present on the physical plane.

Astrally percieving characters are dual natured, and therefore present simultaneously on both planes and able to cast at both astral and/or physical targets without penalty.
Dual natured PCs such as ghouls and drakes who astrally project leave their physical body behind and are no longer dual natured while projecting. So no, they can't cast against physical targets.

+Quote Post
TheFiremage
post Aug 27 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 15,850

Thanks for the quick responses, chummers.

This was just a minor debate with my group. So this should help clear things up.

Slot and run...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.