Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Natured
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheFiremage
In a recent SR4 session this topic had come up. I pretty much know the answer, but I was wondering what other fellow gamers' opinion would be.

Is it possible for a Dual Natured magician, like a Drake PC, who is Atrally Projecting to cast a spell on a target in the Material Plane? In other words does Dual Natured allow for an Astrally Projecting magician to affect targets not in the Astral Plane?

Thanks for your input.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (TheFiremage @ Aug 27 2009, 06:15 PM) *
In a recent SR4 session this topic had come up. I pretty much know the answer, but I was wondering what other fellow gamers' opinion would be.

Is it possible for a Dual Natured magician, like a Drake PC, who is Atrally Projecting to cast a spell on a target in the Material Plane? In other words does Dual Natured allow for an Astrally Projecting magician to affect targets not in the Astral Plane?

Thanks for your input.

No, it's flat out impossible, no matter wether you're just perceiving astrally or projecting.
The target always has to be on the same plane to be targeted by Spellcasting.
Of course, one can always target other dual beings from the astral, but not targets only present on the physical plane.
Apathy
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Aug 27 2009, 02:18 PM) *
No, it's flat out impossible, no matter wether you're just perceiving astrally or projecting.
The target always has to be on the same plane to be targeted by Spellcasting.
Of course, one can always target other dual beings from the astral, but not targets only present on the physical plane.

Astrally percieving characters are dual natured, and therefore present simultaneously on both planes and able to cast at both astral and/or physical targets without penalty.
Dual natured PCs such as ghouls and drakes who astrally project leave their physical body behind and are no longer dual natured while projecting. So no, they can't cast against physical targets.
TheFiremage
Thanks for the quick responses, chummers.

This was just a minor debate with my group. So this should help clear things up.

Slot and run...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012