Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Other ways to look for players
boost
post Aug 28 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,281

Anyone have any good ideas on how to look for more local players? Almost all the game stores around here are comic/card people only it seems and posting here looking for players hasn't done much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 29 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #2

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

You can try Meetup.com if you are in the US...

+Quote Post
EH44
post Aug 29 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,150

If there are any RPG conventions near you, you could always GM a shadowrun game or join a game that already exists. I actually met my current group that way.

Additionally, check your local game stores. There is often a bulletin board where you can post notes such as looking for a shadowrun group. Asking around at a game store also could make a difference as the owners/workers would tend to know who buys the products.

I will echo the last poster, Meetup is an awesome tool, try it out.

Lastly, you could join a group that is playing a different game and then see if anyone would be interested in your running a shadowrun game or two. Most gamers I know are willing to try whatever if you are willing to GM.

Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
Freejack
post Sep 11 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,709

You can check out penandpPergMes (honestly the iPhone keyboard sucks with those of us with big fingers) PenAndPaperGames.com. The site has just about 10,000 members now and a pretty good locator service.

Carl

+Quote Post
Mister Book
post Sep 11 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 17,574

Access Denied is a good tool, I have been on it so long I am a double digit for my ID.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:05 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.