Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Odd lack of underbarrel grenade launcher, as separately available accessory
eidolon
post Aug 29 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #1

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Anybody else noticed that somewhere between Shadowrun 3 and Shadowrun 4 the description of the Ares Antioch lost the key bit about frequently being mounted under the barrel of other weapons? Am I just critical glitching my Data Search?

I noticed this because for the first time I wasn't just buying one of the weapons that just "has an UGL," like an Alpha or something.

Now, you could look through SR4, SR4A, and AR and think that only the weapons that come with an UGL can have them. Likewise for an underbarrel shotgun.

I've been digging through SR4, SR4A, AR, SR3, and CC for the last twenty minutes, and there's no simple "this grenade launcher is meant to be mounted under the barrel of another weapon" bit of gear. Are you guys just buying stuff like the Antioch and mounting it?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
McAllister
post Aug 29 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,282

I'm just buying stuff like your mom and mounting it!

Ahem. On a more serious note, when I'm in dire need, I use the "underbarrel weapon" mod from Arsenal. But it would be nice to be able to put on something that took up the underbarrel accessory slot, instead of 3 mod slots (and at half ammo capacity).

+Quote Post
rathmun
post Aug 29 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,158

QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 29 2009, 10:53 AM) *
I'm just buying stuff like your mom and mounting it!

Ahem. On a more serious note, when I'm in dire need, I use the "underbarrel weapon" mod from Arsenal. But it would be nice to be able to put on something that took up the underbarrel accessory slot, instead of 3 mod slots (and at half ammo capacity).

Edit: I misread something I think. Wait until I can re-read it.

+Quote Post
Dakka Dakka
post Aug 29 2009, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner

Member No.: 16,582

QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 29 2009, 06:53 PM) *
But it would be nice to be able to put on something that took up the underbarrel accessory slot, instead of 3 mod slots (and at half ammo capacity).
It would be nice of course but AFAIK RL underbarrel grenade launchers have an ammo capacity of 1 as opposed to 4-10 for the modded weapons.

+Quote Post
McAllister
post Aug 29 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Hasn't Metal Storm come up with a UGL that can hold, like, 4 shots?

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Aug 29 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #6

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Ah, thanks! That's the specific rules I was missing. Even this far along, I've not gotten to play enough to actually use all the stuff from AR, AU, UW, etc. Kinda sad. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

But yeah, that's just it. A regular old underbarrel grenade launcher shouldn't take up any more space than the standard available accessories like Underbarrel Grapple Gun and Underbarrel Flamethrower.

+Quote Post
McAllister
post Aug 29 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Now I want to mount an underbarrel Aztechnology F3a flamethrower under an Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle, and put the fuel tank on top of the peak-discharge power backpack. That's so ugly....

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Sep 2 2009, 02:42 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

Where the hell is the underbarrel keytar?

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Sep 2 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Sep 1 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Where the hell is the underbarrel keytar?

Keytars, underbarrel or otherwise, were phased out due to introduction of synthlink technology. You may find one in an antique shop somewhere.

+Quote Post
StealthSigma
post Sep 2 2009, 12:08 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 17,389

QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 29 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Thematically I don't like it. The underbarrel weapon is basically the weapon mounted under your barrel. It's ugly. A single shot underbarrel grenade launcher accessory is aesthetically more pleasing.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 3 2009, 02:52 AM
Post #11

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 2 2009, 06:08 AM) *
Thematically I don't like it. The underbarrel weapon is basically the weapon mounted under your barrel. It's ugly. A single shot underbarrel grenade launcher accessory is aesthetically more pleasing.

I do not agree, but hey, that is just me... I go for the Modification myself...

Keep the Faith...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.