Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odd lack of underbarrel grenade launcher
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
eidolon
Anybody else noticed that somewhere between Shadowrun 3 and Shadowrun 4 the description of the Ares Antioch lost the key bit about frequently being mounted under the barrel of other weapons? Am I just critical glitching my Data Search?

I noticed this because for the first time I wasn't just buying one of the weapons that just "has an UGL," like an Alpha or something.

Now, you could look through SR4, SR4A, and AR and think that only the weapons that come with an UGL can have them. Likewise for an underbarrel shotgun.

I've been digging through SR4, SR4A, AR, SR3, and CC for the last twenty minutes, and there's no simple "this grenade launcher is meant to be mounted under the barrel of another weapon" bit of gear. Are you guys just buying stuff like the Antioch and mounting it?

McAllister
I'm just buying stuff like your mom and mounting it!

Ahem. On a more serious note, when I'm in dire need, I use the "underbarrel weapon" mod from Arsenal. But it would be nice to be able to put on something that took up the underbarrel accessory slot, instead of 3 mod slots (and at half ammo capacity).
rathmun
QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 29 2009, 10:53 AM) *
I'm just buying stuff like your mom and mounting it!

Ahem. On a more serious note, when I'm in dire need, I use the "underbarrel weapon" mod from Arsenal. But it would be nice to be able to put on something that took up the underbarrel accessory slot, instead of 3 mod slots (and at half ammo capacity).

Edit: I misread something I think. Wait until I can re-read it.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 29 2009, 06:53 PM) *
But it would be nice to be able to put on something that took up the underbarrel accessory slot, instead of 3 mod slots (and at half ammo capacity).
It would be nice of course but AFAIK RL underbarrel grenade launchers have an ammo capacity of 1 as opposed to 4-10 for the modded weapons.
McAllister
Hasn't Metal Storm come up with a UGL that can hold, like, 4 shots?
eidolon
Ah, thanks! That's the specific rules I was missing. Even this far along, I've not gotten to play enough to actually use all the stuff from AR, AU, UW, etc. Kinda sad. smile.gif

But yeah, that's just it. A regular old underbarrel grenade launcher shouldn't take up any more space than the standard available accessories like Underbarrel Grapple Gun and Underbarrel Flamethrower.
McAllister
Now I want to mount an underbarrel Aztechnology F3a flamethrower under an Ares Thunderstruck Gauss Rifle, and put the fuel tank on top of the peak-discharge power backpack. That's so ugly....
Wounded Ronin
Where the hell is the underbarrel keytar?
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Sep 1 2009, 09:42 PM) *
Where the hell is the underbarrel keytar?

Keytars, underbarrel or otherwise, were phased out due to introduction of synthlink technology. You may find one in an antique shop somewhere.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (McAllister @ Aug 29 2009, 12:53 PM) *

Thematically I don't like it. The underbarrel weapon is basically the weapon mounted under your barrel. It's ugly. A single shot underbarrel grenade launcher accessory is aesthetically more pleasing.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Sep 2 2009, 06:08 AM) *
Thematically I don't like it. The underbarrel weapon is basically the weapon mounted under your barrel. It's ugly. A single shot underbarrel grenade launcher accessory is aesthetically more pleasing.

I do not agree, but hey, that is just me... I go for the Modification myself...

Keep the Faith...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012