Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Late books and response from CGL
Omenowl
post Aug 31 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,167

This was sent to me tonight as I was driving home. I am glad to see an apology. The voucher is nice also, just wish they had warned us a few days in advance and I would have not worried about it at all.

Recently you placed a pre-order for one or more of our latest products,
and due to a number of unfortunate circumstances your order has likely been
delayed beyond what either you or we would consider reasonable. This is
regrettable, and we would like to apologize for it.

Catalyst Game Labs is run by a very small number of people, and between
that and all various turns of chance we're sometimes unable to deliver our
products and services with the promptness and care that we normally
provide. This is an inadequate excuse, however, and therefore we're giving
you, our valued fan and customer, a gift voucher for $10 for your order,
usable on any purchase made on the BattleCorps.com BattleShop. We hope that
this helps make up in part for the inconvenience that we've caused you, and
for the patience you've extended us in this situation.

Thank you very much for bearing with us, and we hope you'll continue to
support us in the future.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Krypter
post Aug 31 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 1,495

That's awfully nice of 'em.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Aug 31 2009, 04:00 AM
Post #3

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

I got one too. awfully nice of them. as long as they eventually deliver, i'll be happy. ltd edition is a collector's thing, for me, don't plan on using it much.

IIRC, there were a few spelling mishaps in the PDF edition of 20th anniversary, so if they take the time to correct them, it's time well spent.

+Quote Post
deek
post Aug 31 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,814

I preordered mine elsewhere and didn't get any sort of voucher (yeah, I know, can please everyone, right?). I was about to cancel my order, but then I received an email stating it finally shipped on Friday...so I guess I am happy. I've been using the PDF for a couple months at my bi-weekly game and actually considered no more print books because I have grown accustom to using my laptop during game sessions...

+Quote Post
ShimmerGeek
post Aug 31 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 17,573

What is different about the Collector's Edition?

+Quote Post
brennanhawkwood
post Aug 31 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 7,468

QUOTE (ShimmerGeek @ Aug 31 2009, 08:41 AM) *
What is different about the Collector's Edition?

AFAIK we don't know for sure yet. Based on previous LEs it probably has a fancy fake-leather cover with a metallic SR logo and an extra page or two to deal with the LE number and give space for autographs (which is what these are often used for).

+Quote Post
BlueMax
post Aug 31 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 15,708

I am holding judgement on this offer until the book is finally in my hand.

BlueMax

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Aug 31 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

The email and the voucher has gone a long way in making me feel better about using battleshop again in the future.

+Quote Post
Murrdox
post Aug 31 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,752

I agree, nice apology.

I was really hoping to have my LE version of the SR4A book by Dragon Con so I could get it signed by some of the authors. Alas, since Dragon Con is coming up this weekend and there's still no news of the street date for the LE, it looks like I'll have to wait until next year.

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Aug 31 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,166

I ordered from BattleCorps and I have received no email about shipping nor have I seen word one about a credit of any kind. I can log into the site and it still has my order on there. I will wait until 11 September 2009. After that (1 month after street) if I haven't gotten something without beating on the door, I am going to be pretty upset.

+Quote Post
ShimmerGeek
post Aug 31 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 17,573

QUOTE (brennanhawkwood @ Aug 31 2009, 02:53 PM) *
AFAIK we don't know for sure yet. Based on previous LEs it probably has a fancy fake-leather cover with a metallic SR logo and an extra page or two to deal with the LE number and give space for autographs (which is what these are often used for).

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/twirl.gif)

I'm very glad to here it's likely to just be that - as lovely as that is, I won't have to worry about not being able to afford any content I missed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 1 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #12

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 31 2009, 12:39 PM) *
I ordered from BattleCorps and I have received no email about shipping nor have I seen word one about a credit of any kind. I can log into the site and it still has my order on there. I will wait until 11 September 2009. After that (1 month after street) if I haven't gotten something without beating on the door, I am going to be pretty upset.

Mine showed up in the email queue today... keep looking...

+Quote Post
Freejack
post Sep 1 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,709

QUOTE (Fix-it @ Aug 30 2009, 10:00 PM) *
I got one too. awfully nice of them. as long as they eventually deliver, i'll be happy. ltd edition is a collector's thing, for me, don't plan on using it much.

IIRC, there were a few spelling mishaps in the PDF edition of 20th anniversary, so if they take the time to correct them, it's time well spent.

Yea, I'm the same. My order is just for the PDF + LE. I replied and requested they just keep the $10 with my thanks for a great product (or send me a set of Ares dice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) )

Carl

+Quote Post
Bull
post Sep 1 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #14

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Freejack @ Aug 31 2009, 09:38 PM) *
Yea, I'm the same. My order is just for the PDF + LE. I replied and requested they just keep the $10 with my thanks for a great product (or send me a set of Ares dice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif) )

Carl

I got a $10 Gift Cert at the Scramble this year, so that and this (Plus my GMing credit, if it ever gets applied) will go toward Ares dice and probably Seattle 2072. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Freejack
post Sep 1 2009, 02:15 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 31 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I got a $10 Gift Cert at the Scramble this year, so that and this (Plus my GMing credit, if it ever gets applied) will go toward Ares dice and probably Seattle 2072. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Already have Seattle 2072 from Gencon along with autographs. My proofreader credit for Seattle 2072 should be enough for the dice. Generally I'm too quick for CGL so have to apply such credit to the next product, miniatures, t-shirts, or in this case (since I didn't know), towards the Ares dice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Carl

+Quote Post
underaneonhalo
post Sep 1 2009, 05:22 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,736

QUOTE (Murrdox @ Aug 31 2009, 11:58 AM) *
I agree, nice apology.

I was really hoping to have my LE version of the SR4A book by Dragon Con so I could get it signed by some of the authors. Alas, since Dragon Con is coming up this weekend and there's still no news of the street date for the LE, it looks like I'll have to wait until next year.

I'm hoping they'll have some at Dragon Con. It's a big enough convention that they should do a few little pre-sales (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Murrdox
post Sep 1 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,752

I suppose if they have some LE on hand at Dragon Con I buy one there and cancel my Battlecorps order.

I'm definitely planning on getting the Seattle book there though. Hoping they'll have plenty of copies.

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Sep 1 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

I just got my confirmation of shipping. *pointedly doesn't look at the callendar* But I didn't see anything about a $10 voucher, so I emailed back and I hope to get a response.

+Quote Post
deek
post Sep 1 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,814

QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Sep 1 2009, 11:45 AM) *
I just got my confirmation of shipping. *pointedly doesn't look at the callendar* But I didn't see anything about a $10 voucher, so I emailed back and I hope to get a response.

I wouldn't count on it...just be thankful its shipped and you don't have much longer to wait.

+Quote Post
Casper
post Sep 1 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,002

So what books does this exactly apply to? Is it just for the special editions of SR4A? What about the schedules of Running Wild?

+Quote Post
Adam
post Sep 1 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #21

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

This applies to any order that contains books that were pre-ordered before August 11th and had a street date of August 11th. If your orders fall into this category and you haven't received an email with your coupon, please email quartermaster@battlecorps.com with your order info.

Running Wild is not impacted by this situation in any way; it's in the normal shipping process and we'll have a street date when it's sitting happily in our warehouses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Kerenshara
post Sep 1 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #22

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 1 2009, 03:23 PM) *
This applies to any order that contains books that were pre-ordered before August 11th and had a street date of August 11th. If your orders fall into this category and you haven't received an email with your coupon, please email quartermaster@battlecorps.com with your order info.

Running Wild is not impacted by this situation in any way; it's in the normal shipping process and we'll have a street date when it's sitting happily in our warehouses. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

As always Adam, thank you for your rapid and explicit response. This is why I still have faith in Catalyst... though I'm still pointedly NOT looking at my callendar. I'm just delighted B&N had the books when they did, or I would have gnawed your foot off at the ankles by now! *grin* Now if only Newegg and DHL can get me my OTHER new toy as scheduled, I might just get both packages on the same day, and wouldn't THAT be a treat!?

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Adam
post Sep 1 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #23

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

I am well-known at Catalyst for being the most explicit. This year, even Loren finally admitted "I'm always willing to verbally push the envelope ... but Adam, he'll go beyond words."

*wins*

+Quote Post
Freejack
post Sep 1 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 1 2009, 01:23 PM) *

That's interesting. The only outstanding order I have right now is the Limited Edition and as far as I know, it doesn't have an August 11th street date. I may be wrong though. I'll send an e-mail to make sure everything is in order.

Carl

+Quote Post
toturi
post Sep 2 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #25

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 2 2009, 06:37 AM) *
*wins*

Not many people will actually award a win to himself. But I suppose you deserve it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 09:39 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.