Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late books and response from CGL
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Omenowl
This was sent to me tonight as I was driving home. I am glad to see an apology. The voucher is nice also, just wish they had warned us a few days in advance and I would have not worried about it at all.

Recently you placed a pre-order for one or more of our latest products,
and due to a number of unfortunate circumstances your order has likely been
delayed beyond what either you or we would consider reasonable. This is
regrettable, and we would like to apologize for it.

Catalyst Game Labs is run by a very small number of people, and between
that and all various turns of chance we're sometimes unable to deliver our
products and services with the promptness and care that we normally
provide. This is an inadequate excuse, however, and therefore we're giving
you, our valued fan and customer, a gift voucher for $10 for your order,
usable on any purchase made on the BattleCorps.com BattleShop. We hope that
this helps make up in part for the inconvenience that we've caused you, and
for the patience you've extended us in this situation.

Thank you very much for bearing with us, and we hope you'll continue to
support us in the future.
Krypter
That's awfully nice of 'em.
Fix-it
I got one too. awfully nice of them. as long as they eventually deliver, i'll be happy. ltd edition is a collector's thing, for me, don't plan on using it much.

IIRC, there were a few spelling mishaps in the PDF edition of 20th anniversary, so if they take the time to correct them, it's time well spent.
deek
I preordered mine elsewhere and didn't get any sort of voucher (yeah, I know, can please everyone, right?). I was about to cancel my order, but then I received an email stating it finally shipped on Friday...so I guess I am happy. I've been using the PDF for a couple months at my bi-weekly game and actually considered no more print books because I have grown accustom to using my laptop during game sessions...
ShimmerGeek
What is different about the Collector's Edition?
brennanhawkwood
QUOTE (ShimmerGeek @ Aug 31 2009, 08:41 AM) *
What is different about the Collector's Edition?

AFAIK we don't know for sure yet. Based on previous LEs it probably has a fancy fake-leather cover with a metallic SR logo and an extra page or two to deal with the LE number and give space for autographs (which is what these are often used for).
BlueMax
I am holding judgement on this offer until the book is finally in my hand.

BlueMax
Prime Mover
The email and the voucher has gone a long way in making me feel better about using battleshop again in the future.
Murrdox
I agree, nice apology.

I was really hoping to have my LE version of the SR4A book by Dragon Con so I could get it signed by some of the authors. Alas, since Dragon Con is coming up this weekend and there's still no news of the street date for the LE, it looks like I'll have to wait until next year.
Kerenshara
I ordered from BattleCorps and I have received no email about shipping nor have I seen word one about a credit of any kind. I can log into the site and it still has my order on there. I will wait until 11 September 2009. After that (1 month after street) if I haven't gotten something without beating on the door, I am going to be pretty upset.
ShimmerGeek
QUOTE (brennanhawkwood @ Aug 31 2009, 02:53 PM) *
AFAIK we don't know for sure yet. Based on previous LEs it probably has a fancy fake-leather cover with a metallic SR logo and an extra page or two to deal with the LE number and give space for autographs (which is what these are often used for).

Thanks twirl.gif

I'm very glad to here it's likely to just be that - as lovely as that is, I won't have to worry about not being able to afford any content I missed smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Aug 31 2009, 12:39 PM) *
I ordered from BattleCorps and I have received no email about shipping nor have I seen word one about a credit of any kind. I can log into the site and it still has my order on there. I will wait until 11 September 2009. After that (1 month after street) if I haven't gotten something without beating on the door, I am going to be pretty upset.

Mine showed up in the email queue today... keep looking...
Freejack
QUOTE (Fix-it @ Aug 30 2009, 10:00 PM) *
I got one too. awfully nice of them. as long as they eventually deliver, i'll be happy. ltd edition is a collector's thing, for me, don't plan on using it much.

IIRC, there were a few spelling mishaps in the PDF edition of 20th anniversary, so if they take the time to correct them, it's time well spent.

Yea, I'm the same. My order is just for the PDF + LE. I replied and requested they just keep the $10 with my thanks for a great product (or send me a set of Ares dice grinbig.gif )

Carl
Bull
QUOTE (Freejack @ Aug 31 2009, 09:38 PM) *
Yea, I'm the same. My order is just for the PDF + LE. I replied and requested they just keep the $10 with my thanks for a great product (or send me a set of Ares dice grinbig.gif )

Carl

I got a $10 Gift Cert at the Scramble this year, so that and this (Plus my GMing credit, if it ever gets applied) will go toward Ares dice and probably Seattle 2072. smile.gif
Freejack
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 31 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I got a $10 Gift Cert at the Scramble this year, so that and this (Plus my GMing credit, if it ever gets applied) will go toward Ares dice and probably Seattle 2072. smile.gif

Already have Seattle 2072 from Gencon along with autographs. My proofreader credit for Seattle 2072 should be enough for the dice. Generally I'm too quick for CGL so have to apply such credit to the next product, miniatures, t-shirts, or in this case (since I didn't know), towards the Ares dice smile.gif

Carl
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (Murrdox @ Aug 31 2009, 11:58 AM) *
I agree, nice apology.

I was really hoping to have my LE version of the SR4A book by Dragon Con so I could get it signed by some of the authors. Alas, since Dragon Con is coming up this weekend and there's still no news of the street date for the LE, it looks like I'll have to wait until next year.

I'm hoping they'll have some at Dragon Con. It's a big enough convention that they should do a few little pre-sales grinbig.gif
Murrdox
I suppose if they have some LE on hand at Dragon Con I buy one there and cancel my Battlecorps order.

I'm definitely planning on getting the Seattle book there though. Hoping they'll have plenty of copies.
Kerenshara
I just got my confirmation of shipping. *pointedly doesn't look at the callendar* But I didn't see anything about a $10 voucher, so I emailed back and I hope to get a response.
deek
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Sep 1 2009, 11:45 AM) *
I just got my confirmation of shipping. *pointedly doesn't look at the callendar* But I didn't see anything about a $10 voucher, so I emailed back and I hope to get a response.

I wouldn't count on it...just be thankful its shipped and you don't have much longer to wait.
Casper
So what books does this exactly apply to? Is it just for the special editions of SR4A? What about the schedules of Running Wild?
Adam
This applies to any order that contains books that were pre-ordered before August 11th and had a street date of August 11th. If your orders fall into this category and you haven't received an email with your coupon, please email quartermaster@battlecorps.com with your order info.

Running Wild is not impacted by this situation in any way; it's in the normal shipping process and we'll have a street date when it's sitting happily in our warehouses. smile.gif
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 1 2009, 03:23 PM) *
This applies to any order that contains books that were pre-ordered before August 11th and had a street date of August 11th. If your orders fall into this category and you haven't received an email with your coupon, please email quartermaster@battlecorps.com with your order info.

Running Wild is not impacted by this situation in any way; it's in the normal shipping process and we'll have a street date when it's sitting happily in our warehouses. smile.gif

As always Adam, thank you for your rapid and explicit response. This is why I still have faith in Catalyst... though I'm still pointedly NOT looking at my callendar. I'm just delighted B&N had the books when they did, or I would have gnawed your foot off at the ankles by now! *grin* Now if only Newegg and DHL can get me my OTHER new toy as scheduled, I might just get both packages on the same day, and wouldn't THAT be a treat!?

[ Spoiler ]
Adam
I am well-known at Catalyst for being the most explicit. This year, even Loren finally admitted "I'm always willing to verbally push the envelope ... but Adam, he'll go beyond words."

*wins*
Freejack
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 1 2009, 01:23 PM) *

That's interesting. The only outstanding order I have right now is the Limited Edition and as far as I know, it doesn't have an August 11th street date. I may be wrong though. I'll send an e-mail to make sure everything is in order.

Carl
toturi
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 2 2009, 06:37 AM) *
*wins*

Not many people will actually award a win to himself. But I suppose you deserve it.
darthmord
QUOTE (Freejack @ Sep 1 2009, 07:18 PM) *
That's interesting. The only outstanding order I have right now is the Limited Edition and as far as I know, it doesn't have an August 11th street date. I may be wrong though. I'll send an e-mail to make sure everything is in order.

Carl

I'm in the same boat. All I have left from that pre-order is the LE Collector's SR4A book. The rest of the stuff I've received / downloaded as appropriate.

I noticed in my email that I received the $10 coupon two nights ago. That'll force me to have to buy something else. I don't like being forced into buying stuff for one of my favorite hobbies. I have a hard enough time telling myself no. smile.gif

Now the game devs are twisting my arm. spin.gif
Freejack
QUOTE (darthmord @ Sep 3 2009, 08:20 AM) *
I'm in the same boat. All I have left from that pre-order is the LE Collector's SR4A book. The rest of the stuff I've received / downloaded as appropriate.

I noticed in my email that I received the $10 coupon two nights ago. That'll force me to have to buy something else. I don't like being forced into buying stuff for one of my favorite hobbies. I have a hard enough time telling myself no. smile.gif

Now the game devs are twisting my arm. spin.gif

Ah see they know who are the spenders and give us the incentive smile.gif

Carl
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Freejack @ Sep 3 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Ah see they know who are the spenders and give us the incentive smile.gif

Carl

You know, you have a point here, since many of us not only pre-ordered the base book but MOST of us picked up the PDF (or how would we have all those arguments about new rules?) and a whole bunch of us seem to have ordered the LE. That's a lot of cash to drop months before the books even go to print (as opposed to charging at shipping like most companies). That WOULD make us big spenders, wouldn't it? I wonder if that particular aspect played into their logic at all?
Freejack
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Sep 3 2009, 11:34 AM) *
You know, you have a point here, since many of us not only pre-ordered the base book but MOST of us picked up the PDF (or how would we have all those arguments about new rules?) and a whole bunch of us seem to have ordered the LE. That's a lot of cash to drop months before the books even go to print (as opposed to charging at shipping like most companies). That WOULD make us big spenders, wouldn't it? I wonder if that particular aspect played into their logic at all?

I don't think we're going to affect the bottom line all that much. I do have a few of the Shadowrun books though.

http://shadowrun.us/20090902/dscn1282x800.jpg

biggrin.gif

Carl
darthmord
Mine was almost that big before my house fire in 2000. Lost quite a few RPG books in that fire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012