Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick question about auto softs
Sintis
post Sep 5 2009, 04:45 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,484

I'm trying to make a rigger for the first time and am trying to set up all of my drones. I'm wondering if I have 3 identical drones do I need to buy autosofts for each one independantly? (3 targeting ect.) or can I just get 1 and use it on all 3?

If you would only need 1 for all 3 drones then would I be able to buy 1 autosoft like clearsight or defence and have it work on every drone or would I have to buy one for each drone type?

Thank you all in advance and sorry about my spelling ^^;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Sep 5 2009, 05:18 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

in general, most autosofts are not drone-specific. maneuver autosofts are drone body specific, however, and targeting autosofts are specific to a weapon type.

if you want to have 3 instances of the autosoft running, you need to have 3 copies. you can either do this by purchasing 3 copies, or you can either buy a pirated version (requires GM permission iirc, it's not in the gear lists anywhere, see rules in unwired) or you can crack the copy protection on a legit version (not very hard, actually, but pre-pirated versions are cheaper).

+Quote Post
Sintis
post Sep 5 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,484

Thank you for the awnser.

I went back and reread unwired but I can't see where the costs of pirated versions of autosofts, just that they would degrade over time and rules for fixing them.
Is cost istablished by the GM? I'm asking beacause I was trying to get them before starting our next session. Our gm likes to mix things up and sometimes the fight comes to you before you have time to do much in actual game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Sep 6 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Sintis @ Sep 5 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Thank you for the awnser.

I went back and reread unwired but I can't see where the costs of pirated versions of autosofts, just that they would degrade over time and rules for fixing them.
Is cost istablished by the GM? I'm asking beacause I was trying to get them before starting our next session. Our gm likes to mix things up and sometimes the fight comes to you before you have time to do much in actual game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

page 94, it's under the subheading 'downloading programs'.

(blech, i had to do a search for the number 10 to get you that... )

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.