Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free Sprites compiling sprites?
TheMadderHatter
post Sep 27 2009, 09:01 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,649

Can a Free Sprite, being itself Resonant, take the Compiling skill and make a sprite of its own? I ask about free sprites in particular because their reassembling power suggests that among the alterations inflicted upon a sprite in its freeing is a certain capacity for manipulating sprite code.

Somehow, this was posted twice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 27 2009, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (TheMadderHatter @ Sep 27 2009, 02:01 AM) *
Can a Free Sprite, being itself Resonant, take the Compiling skill and make a sprite of its own? I ask about free sprites in particular because their reassembling power suggests that among the alterations inflicted upon a sprite in its freeing is a certain capacity for manipulating sprite code.

Somehow, this was posted twice.

I do not have a page reference for you, but Sprites are treated like Spirits in almost every regard... Spirits do not get access to the Conjuration ability, and as far as I know, Sprites cannot Compile... the fact that it has resonance is of no consequence in this matter... Spirits have a Magic rating but are incapable of Summoning spirits themselves... this would seem to be the way to read things...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Sep 28 2009, 03:11 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

where would your sprite get the skill? free sprites advance in one way, and one way only, and that way is to absorb other sprites to improve their code. none of the options listed include "spontaneously gain or improve compiling or registering skill", so no, free sprites cannot compile or register sprites.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 09:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.