Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Sprites compiling sprites?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheMadderHatter
Can a Free Sprite, being itself Resonant, take the Compiling skill and make a sprite of its own? I ask about free sprites in particular because their reassembling power suggests that among the alterations inflicted upon a sprite in its freeing is a certain capacity for manipulating sprite code.

Somehow, this was posted twice.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (TheMadderHatter @ Sep 27 2009, 02:01 AM) *
Can a Free Sprite, being itself Resonant, take the Compiling skill and make a sprite of its own? I ask about free sprites in particular because their reassembling power suggests that among the alterations inflicted upon a sprite in its freeing is a certain capacity for manipulating sprite code.

Somehow, this was posted twice.

I do not have a page reference for you, but Sprites are treated like Spirits in almost every regard... Spirits do not get access to the Conjuration ability, and as far as I know, Sprites cannot Compile... the fact that it has resonance is of no consequence in this matter... Spirits have a Magic rating but are incapable of Summoning spirits themselves... this would seem to be the way to read things...

Keep the Faith
Jaid
where would your sprite get the skill? free sprites advance in one way, and one way only, and that way is to absorb other sprites to improve their code. none of the options listed include "spontaneously gain or improve compiling or registering skill", so no, free sprites cannot compile or register sprites.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012