Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC - Dairy Dash!, The Night of the Ripper
tisoz
post Oct 6 2009, 06:39 AM
Post #1

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

Continuation of the campaign started in Food Fight!

OoC thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BobRoberts
post Oct 6 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,512

Just as the others are moving towards vehicle two, Troy manages to pull his open jaw shut.

"Guys, these two fine ladies are my cousins Terry and Carrie. Be careful around them, they're at least as dangerous as they look..."

He then points out the rest of the team in their vehicle.

"Say hello to Knuckles, Rob and Rocky... We've got a lead impaired decker called Tinker working from his sickbed. Might be another guy joining us in a bit, tall guy called Sphinx."

"I'm guessing you're not just out here, and massively overprepared, to rob some poor git?"

Flashes a cheeky grin. Then serious again.

"Is it the Ripper?"

To everyone.

"Going to work together? We're going to double up on the bait points? Is there anything I can do to help out here?"

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 6 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Free Spirit

A mangy looking dog comes trotting down the street. It sees the fire hydrant and almost breaks into a trot getting to it. The dog lifts its leg but before it can go it starts to tip over. It skitters on its one hind leg, doing a little dance, then goes to all fours and repositions itself in anticipation of relieving itself. Once again it seems to lose its balance and this time its hind quarters touch the ground before the dog can get its one leg under it or its other leg down. It is a persistant mutt and tries again, raising its leg slowly while keeping an eye on the hard to wet hydrant.

A squirt of liquid does indeed flow this time, hitting the canine squarely between the eyes. As the dog yelps and runs away a voice from the astral says, "Try peeing on me? I think not."

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 7 2009, 02:03 AM
Post #4

Free Spirit

Terry must have a better location as she has had four men approach her to inquire about paying for her services. All four walk away shaking their heads with one shouting back over his shoulder, "You ain't no call girl working at the downtown Hilton anymore, honey!"

Rocky observes a man in a long coat approach his fire elemental. They speak in low tones for a few moments, then cross the street to the courtyard sheltered by the very tree Rocky is using for cover. Rocky tries to stealthily shift his position to keep the spirit in sight, but by the time he repositions himself, the man is closing his coat and the spirit is wiping her lips with the back of her hand.

The next instant, the fire elemental is on the astral plane beside Rocky. "Do you humans actually like doing that?" It asks.

"You need to get back in your role," Rocky says, trying to cover his embarrassment.

"Sure," the fire elemental says, "It just seemed like switching planes was a good way to get that taste out of my mouth."

In the next instant, the elemental is walking out from under the trees and dodging raindrops as it scurries back across the street as quickly as possible in a micro mini dress and high heels to the shelter of the awning.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 7 2009, 02:23 AM
Post #5

Free Spirit

The adrenalin starts pumping as the three trolls wheel their Honda Vikings to a stop in semi-circle around Terry. As they dismount, the symbol of an elf with a spike driven through its dismembered head is plainly visible on the back of their jackets.

The middle troll asks, "So what do we have here?"

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Oct 7 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 7,975

Terry gives her cousin a nod on his last query. "Unless you know of any other bounty the Star's got out in Tacoma, if you do, don't hold out on me, neh?" She shares her transceiver frequency with Troy so that he can keep tabs on the conversation as well. She walks away from his car, watching the street scene, trying to keep as dry as possible. She looks up at the Universal Brotherhood emblem on the building. <<"Hey, need to behave, big brother's watching....">> she chuckles.

After the third piece of slum walks away when she refuses a simple blow job - having way overpriced herself for this area of town, she shivers in disgust. <<"I can't believe how low men will go for kicks.">> she shakes her head. <<"Say, I figure this Ripper is eating into the Yak prostitution ring, cause I ain't seen the Star put out a head bounty like this just for a bunch of joygirls, what you say?">>

Terry watches the bikers roar up the street. Tries to act casual as the pull up beside her, resisting an urge to get into a combat stance. She clears her throat and tries her best disarming smile, leaving the transceiver line open. "Hey boys. You lookin' for something special?" She mumbles something else, hopefully too low for them to hear. <<"I might need a little help over here.">>

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 7 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #7

Free Spirit

"What's da special tonight?" big, tall and warty asks.

The troll to on the right says, "Yeah, if it sounds special enough, maybe we'll give ya a discount on yer work permit."

The last troll, to the left, asks, "Hey, speakin' of discounts, ya runnin' any group discounts? Or maybe an hourly rate?"

The troll to the right laughs, "Hourly? Why you askin' 'bout hourly? You'll be done in 'bout two minutes." He and the middle troll are chuckling, but Lefty is turning a bit red, either angry, humiliated, or both.

+Quote Post
Green Eyed Monst...
post Oct 8 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,388

After a few minutes go by and the shock subsides, Rocky glides over to where the fire elemental is standing under the awning.

"I guess I didn't think this through all the way, or think of all the outcomes when I asked you to pose as a street walker," Rocky says. "If you don't want to do anything sexual, maybe tell them you're calling it a night, or ask for like 500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) . By the way, how much die you get for that last thing?"

"I don't know," the fire elemental responds. "I guess I left it over in that courtyard when I went back to the astral plane. I think the guy offered me 5 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) ."

"You definitely need to ask for more than that," Rocky says. "You'd only do it for that if you were a sex addict or starving. I've been thinking, what do you think about giving you a name to go by?"

The elemental cocks her head a bit. "I haven't really thought about it. I don't know if I like the female or the male form better, and it sounds like your names are usually gender related."

"Usually," Rocky agrees, "but there are some that are used by both sexes. Like Pat, Terry, Jacky or Kelly. Sometimes Sam. I'm sure there are others I can't think of off hand."

"Oh, I like Jackie," the fire elemental decides. "Can I go by that?"

"Ok, Jackie," says Rocky. "That's what we'll call you from now on. I had another thought. If you do go through with any more of these propositions, the money is yours. Frag, I'll match it for you staying in your role. And we can see about buying you some Karma with it."

Jackie's hair turns a bit brighter red and her face lights up. "Really? I guess that makes a bit of difference. Now I see I should try to get as much as possible for doing that weird drek. And I need to go get my money."

Jackie hurries back to where she dropped her nuyen and Rocky trails after then glides back to his concealed spot to watch.

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Oct 8 2009, 02:27 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Carrie becomes tense as the bikers surround her sister. work permit? Damn we should have thought of that! she starts mentally taking stock of her options as to which spell would be the most effective first at keeping Terry safe. From her vantage point in the van, she tries to sense just how dangerous these guys are.

Terry meanwhile puts her one hand on her hip as she watches the interaction between the bikers. Seeing a possible division that could turn in her favour, her smile doesn't waver and she takes a step towards the Troll on the left. "Now sugar, I'm sure you'll do just fine, big strong guy like you." putting a hand on his arm gently, flirting with him in mock affection, and taking another step towards him. "You boys don't need little me to get you money now, do you?" she positions herself a little better. "What's this story about a work permit, hmmm?"

+Quote Post
Xiuhaun
post Oct 8 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 17,593

Knuckles leaves the strange mojo wielder buckling himself in the back seat of his car, and walks across the street, but occasionally glancing up and down the street to keep an eye out for anyone taking the 'bait'.

Maybe the other team is having some luck, hope we arent stuck here all night

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 8 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #11

Free Spirit

QUOTE (Terry)
"You boys don't need little me to get you money now, do you?" She positions herself a little better. "What's this story about a work permit, hmmm?"

Big, Ugly and Warty says, "Ya gotta pay some or play some so we know we've got an unnerstandin'. That's Lord Torgo's rules. Yer payin' fer da right ta work in our territory an' fer pertection. Don't ya know The Ripper's been cuttin' people up aroun' dese parts? Yer lucky we came along."

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Oct 9 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #12

Running Target

Terry raises and eyebrow. "Lord Torgo eh? Well, with you big boys here, I feel safer already. So, being a little new to the area lately, what's his work permit fee at now-a-days? I'm sure we could make some sort of an arrangement."

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 9 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #13

Free Spirit

Big, Ugly and Warty says "500 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) , we can take some out in trade, or we can put ya on da payment plan, but da carryin' charges is kinda high."

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Oct 9 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 313

Tinker awakes from surgery back in the recovery room again. The implanted bio-moniter indicates that his cardio-vascular system is performing below standard and asks if he wants to adjust the optimal settings.

Looking down at the new bandages over his chest, tracing them with his finger tips. Tinker looks over at Freya, "So what are you in for?"

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 9 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #15

Free Spirit

Twirling her purse and madly masticating a huge wad of pink bubblegum, a young woman rounds the corner from Indiana onto Kirkwood and starts walking down the block. Nobody seems to notice the man trailing after her. They draw nearer.

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Oct 10 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #16

Running Target

Terry trails a hand along the knobby arm of the troll. "Well, you're a little 'bigger' than what I usually deal with... So, how about 100 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) now, and we talk about that payment plan of yours, hmm?"

+Quote Post
Kartijan
post Oct 11 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 8,386

Carrie has chosen what tactic she will follow if this transaction goes bad. In the meantime she is once again glad it is Terry who is the more assertive and of the two twins. I hope she is able to get those Trolls gone soon so we can get back to what we are actually out here for.
Carrie continues to hold Terry's binoculars up to have a better view of what is going on around her sister right now.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 11 2009, 04:18 AM
Post #18

Free Spirit

Terry trails a hand along the knobby arm of the troll. "Well, you're a little 'bigger' than what I usually deal with... So, how about 100 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) now, and we talk about that payment plan of yours, hmm?"

The troll takes the money, explais the vig, and then all three trolls mount their bikes and rumble down the road.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 11 2009, 04:19 AM
Post #19

Free Spirit

The girl turns the corner at Dunn and is never seen again.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 11 2009, 04:27 AM
Post #20

Free Spirit

On the third night, everyone is beginning to wonder if this plan is going to work, but nothing else has worked and everyone wants to feel like they are at least trying.

At around midnight, a somewhat familiar group comes to a stop near the group on Kirkwood.

Meanwhile, in front of the Universal Brotherhood chapter house, a man in a long coat pulled tightly around him and his head bent down as though carefully watching where he steps walks up the block toward Terry. When he gets within a half dozen steps he rushes towards her.

+Quote Post
Kartijan
post Oct 11 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 8,386

Carrie had been starting to feel as if this tactic was not going to work whatsoever. Terry is rushed by a man in a long coat and Carrie gives a yelp of surprise. Is this the Ripper or just some wayward fool??! Carrie does not intend to find out by leaving her sister defenseless so she casts Armour at Terry and sustains the spell while doing what she can to protect her sister.
If Carrie has a way of communicating with the others she will make sure to advise them that her sister has been rushed by a man in a long coat. Carrie slips into Astral in order to move closer to her twin now, seeking to get a better vantage point to maintain LOS and potentially switch to more offensive spellcasting.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 12 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #22

Free Spirit

On Kirkwood, the mage wearing his Chiller Thriller colors and symbol on his armor jacket, turns while straddling his bike, points at Knuckles concealed form, and shouts to another biker and a van, "There's one of the guys who jumped us the other night at the stuffer shack!"

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Oct 12 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Terry stands on the wet cold corner for the 3rd night in a row, tonight's getup is scarlet red with lace hosiery. She begins to wonder if this plan is really going to work. Word on the street is that at least one other disappearance has occurred. Neither the team, nor the go-gang enforcers are finding this wacko.
Bored out of her mind, 'struts her stuff', she watches the man approach her, foot traffic is not exactly rare in this area, and is about to ignore him as she's done with the others, when suddenly he makes a dash for her. Instinct and training kick in and she drops to a crouch, doing a sweeping motion with her right leg to put him off balance. Her sudden motion makes him miss her clutch and his hand grabs empty air. His momentum manages to carry him over her leg strike, he doesn't stop running.
Like a coiled spring Terry, is relentless. Using the power of her kick to swing around, she turns to strike at the purse snatcher again, this time in the back. Her strike lands squarely between his shoulder blades, the force sending him flying forward and knocking him to the ground. Fire in her eyes, the woman in red focuses herself to calm the fury burning inside. She shifts her gaze to the astral to assess the threat level of her target before approaching him.

+Quote Post
Xiuhaun
post Oct 12 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 17,593

"There's one of the guys who jumped us the other night at the stuffer shack!"

Without hesitation, Knuckles pulls his shotgun to the ready, and drops a slug down range at the yelling ganger's bike, and another for the rider. The disappointment that the bike didnt erupt in flames is subdued by the sight of the ganger being flung like a rag doll off of his bike. Without the rider's support, the bike tips over onto the street.

With the ganger that spotted him lying on his back, Knuckles shifts his attention to the remaining gang members.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 13 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #25

Free Spirit

The van peals rubber in a semicircular fashion, positioning itself between the downed biker and the direction the mage pointed. The girl on the bike sprays the courtyard the mage pointed to with full auto fire from her SMG, filling the air with lead and leaves knocked from the trees and bushes.

Rob watches from Rocky’s car as a man jumps from the side door of the van and hauls the downed mage inside. The distance is probably too great for a pistol shot to hit the crazed girl cutting loose on the poor landscaping in the courtyard.

“You Ok, Knuckles?” Rob asks using the throwaway cell phone.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.