Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mars and pirates Oh my!, Setting and possible plot advice
blakmetalmedik
post Nov 1 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,663

Hey Runners, I have a few questions that I thought I should probably combine into one topic so I'm not topic-whoring.

Ok, #1: Has there been any printed material on space? Specifically what settlements/corps have a presence on Mars? If this was printed in an earlier addition I apoligize for my ignorance, I'm 4th ed. raised lol

#2: I'm currently planning my teams next run, its very loose as of now but atm is looking like a johnson will hire them to retrieve some extremely sensitive data from a research tanker that isn't supposed to exist. The tricky part is that the tanker has been 'liberated' by pirates and in order to hide this from his superiors he has ordered it to be blown to pieces 6 hours from when the runners get the job.

Now for the hard part, I can't decide for the life of me what kind of research or even which corp to use, im tempted to do something with technomancers but im not sure .

like I said, very rough. any advice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Nov 1 2009, 06:44 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 17,722

http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/Space

wiki to the rescue.

as for #2:

If you're talking about a tanker ship in the middle of the ocean, then, foregoing the obvious nautical-tech answer, I'd pick something which would be crazy-dangerous to keep on land. Maybe nano tech specifically purposed for deforestation/defoliation like a techno agent orange. I say Renraku is a decent fit. There was a lot of experimental, weaponized nano tech salvaged as a result of the Renraku Arcology incident. It's also a tech that they would far rather be destroyed than see loose in the world.

+Quote Post
blakmetalmedik
post Nov 1 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #3

Target

You sir, are awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) have a cookie

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Nov 1 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Things like this are the reason for me still demanding "Shadowrun: IIN SPAACEE! ò,Ó;," to be made.

+Quote Post
blakmetalmedik
post Nov 1 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #5

Target

I agree I think a printed setting with all the various habitats and bases is in order.

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Nov 1 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #6

Runner

Do also consider why might they send runners on the mission rather than their own teams? If it's their own secret research facility, they'd likely be taking care of it internally. Consider this: Evo has a man on the inside of the pirate organization which tipped them off. Pretending to be Renraku suits, they hire to runners to go grab the tech "back" and, thanks to their contact, know its current location. That should give the runners a head start on the fun. Meanwhile, Renraku's own Heavy Corp-sec are on the way, set to arrive not terribly long after the runners do. Depending on how things play out, the runners could end up fighting milspec-armored Renraku Red Sams and Thunderbirds alongside the pirates all under a ticking clock. Should make for an explosive finish to a flexible situation.

+Quote Post
blakmetalmedik
post Nov 1 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #7

Target

I had something kind of thrown together to explain it, but you just blew mine out of the water (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Saint Sithney
post Nov 1 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #8

Runner

QUOTE (blakmetalmedik @ Nov 1 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I had something kind of thrown together to explain it, but you just blew mine out of the water (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Hehe, just make sure to include a lot of deck guns. Guys running back and forth trying to fight off vertibirds with deck-mounted GE Vanquisher Heavy Autocannons sounds like a fun time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 1 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #9

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Nov 1 2009, 12:03 PM) *
Do also consider why might they send runners on the mission rather than their own teams? If it's their own secret research facility, they'd likely be taking care of it internally. Consider this: Evo has a man on the inside of the pirate organization which tipped them off. Pretending to be Renraku suits, they hire to runners to go grab the tech "back" and, thanks to their contact, know its current location. That should give the runners a head start on the fun. Meanwhile, Renraku's own Heavy Corp-sec are on the way, set to arrive not terribly long after the runners do. Depending on how things play out, the runners could end up fighting milspec-armored Renraku Red Sams and Thunderbirds alongside the pirates all under a ticking clock. Should make for an explosive finish to a flexible situation.

That is a great idea... Kudos to you Saint Sithney

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:31 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.