Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick SR4A Question, about Reaction Enhancers
Glyph
post Nov 29 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,449

Currently, the FAQ states that wired reflexes and reaction enhancers are not compatible. A while ago, someone posted that in SR4A, that combination is explicitly allowed. Is this true? Could you provide a quote if it is? Personally, I never really agreed with the FAQ, and I think that it makes more sense for them to stack. Especially since they do stack with move-by-wire, which already provides a superior Reaction boost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Nov 29 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

QUOTE (Glyph @ Nov 29 2009, 04:03 PM) *
Currently, the FAQ states that wired reflexes and reaction enhancers are not compatible. A while ago, someone posted that in SR4A, that combination is explicitly allowed. Is this true? Could you provide a quote if it is? Personally, I never really agreed with the FAQ, and I think that it makes more sense for them to stack. Especially since they do stack with move-by-wire, which already provides a superior Reaction boost.
This is what it says in SR4A p342:
"When activated, wired reflexes confer a bonus of +1 to Reaction and +1 Initiative Pass per point of rating. Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement, except Reaction Enhancers. "

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Nov 30 2009, 01:36 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Thanks.

+Quote Post
Jericho Alar
post Nov 30 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,812

QUOTE (Glyph @ Nov 29 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Thanks.

For the record reaction enhancers explicitly stacked in earlier editions too; I was surprised when the FAQ said otherwise, and largely ignored the ruling - I'd guess alot of other players did too for the same reasons relating to MBW.

+Quote Post
Traul
post Nov 30 2009, 04:28 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 17,229

QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Nov 29 2009, 10:07 PM) *
This is what it says in SR4A p342:
"When activated, wired reflexes confer a bonus of +1 to Reaction and +1 Initiative Pass per point of rating. Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement, except Reaction Enhancers. "

Is it just me or to correct their bogus FAQ they published an even more bogus ruling? Wired Reflexes would be compatible with Reaction Enhancers but not with an Adept Reaction boost or a mage Increase Reaction ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post
Jericho Alar
post Nov 30 2009, 04:30 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,812

QUOTE (Traul @ Nov 29 2009, 11:28 PM) *
Is it just me or to correct their bogus FAQ they published an even more bogus ruling? Wired Reflexes would be compatible with Reaction Enhancers but not with an Adept Reaction boost or a mage Increase Reaction ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

cyber matches with cyber and nothing else? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) that's pretty common from previous editions (where reaction enhancers frequently acted more like add ons to wired reflexes than stand alone gear.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:15 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.