Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick SR4A Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Glyph
Currently, the FAQ states that wired reflexes and reaction enhancers are not compatible. A while ago, someone posted that in SR4A, that combination is explicitly allowed. Is this true? Could you provide a quote if it is? Personally, I never really agreed with the FAQ, and I think that it makes more sense for them to stack. Especially since they do stack with move-by-wire, which already provides a superior Reaction boost.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Glyph @ Nov 29 2009, 04:03 PM) *
Currently, the FAQ states that wired reflexes and reaction enhancers are not compatible. A while ago, someone posted that in SR4A, that combination is explicitly allowed. Is this true? Could you provide a quote if it is? Personally, I never really agreed with the FAQ, and I think that it makes more sense for them to stack. Especially since they do stack with move-by-wire, which already provides a superior Reaction boost.
This is what it says in SR4A p342:
"When activated, wired reflexes confer a bonus of +1 to Reaction and +1 Initiative Pass per point of rating. Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement, except Reaction Enhancers. "
Glyph
Thanks.
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Glyph @ Nov 29 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Thanks.

For the record reaction enhancers explicitly stacked in earlier editions too; I was surprised when the FAQ said otherwise, and largely ignored the ruling - I'd guess alot of other players did too for the same reasons relating to MBW.
Traul
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Nov 29 2009, 10:07 PM) *
This is what it says in SR4A p342:
"When activated, wired reflexes confer a bonus of +1 to Reaction and +1 Initiative Pass per point of rating. Wired reflexes cannot be combined with any other form of Initiative enhancement, except Reaction Enhancers. "

Is it just me or to correct their bogus FAQ they published an even more bogus ruling? Wired Reflexes would be compatible with Reaction Enhancers but not with an Adept Reaction boost or a mage Increase Reaction ? wobble.gif
Jericho Alar
QUOTE (Traul @ Nov 29 2009, 11:28 PM) *
Is it just me or to correct their bogus FAQ they published an even more bogus ruling? Wired Reflexes would be compatible with Reaction Enhancers but not with an Adept Reaction boost or a mage Increase Reaction ? wobble.gif

cyber matches with cyber and nothing else? nyahnyah.gif that's pretty common from previous editions (where reaction enhancers frequently acted more like add ons to wired reflexes than stand alone gear.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012