Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Riggerdeckersamuraimageadepts, Make and post
moosegod
post Feb 3 2004, 06:26 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,818

And JongWK, you get my PM/check the damn thread...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sable twilight
post Feb 3 2004, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,948

errr? Are you wanting characters that can do all those?

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Feb 3 2004, 07:59 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,153

QUOTE (sable twilight)
errr? Are you wanting characters that can do all those?

That's a good question. :)

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Feb 3 2004, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 4,323

I assume he is. Don't worry though, its apparently really easy to do with BeCKS.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Feb 3 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

Yeah. I bet Kagetenshi and BlackSmith have been building those killer characters for just this purpose.

+Quote Post
Req
post Feb 3 2004, 08:30 PM
Post #6

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 277

I'm waiting to see. These characters are going to SUCK, Req thinks.

+Quote Post
moosegod
post Feb 3 2004, 11:46 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 5,818

Yeah, they have to fufill all the roles (Excepting faces, of course-only girls do that ;) ).

+Quote Post
Prototype
post Feb 4 2004, 12:03 AM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 3,168

Prototype is an ork who pretty much fullfills these criteria I think...

Okay, rigger... he isn't yet, but he has enough saved to get VCR 1 and a bunch of remote control deck equipment, drones, etc. so that'll be fullfilled within a few weeks!

Decker - he has a datajack and an MPCP-10 Cyberdeck with most programs between ratings 6 and 10!!! Pretty good, Computer 6 as well, though he's gonna get a Math-SPU when he gets the VCR probably!

Samurai - well, in addition to his datajack he has vision and hearing mods, Move-By-Wire 3, Titanium Bone Lacing, Dermal Sheath, Smartlink, a bunch of headware, Skillwires-6 (1000Mp), Expert Drivers (2 of them), and some other stuff. By way of Bioware he has Platelet Factory, Trauma Damper, Muscle Aug + Toner, Mnemonic Enhancer and some other stuff...

Image - presume this means 'face' type stuff? Well, he has Negotiation/Ettiquette and that around 5-6 along with a bunch of other skills in this vein chipped. I suppose that kind of covers it! He's stealthy too, which most of these guys are!

Adepts - He's a physad around initiate grade 7 - powers are hit hard by all the cyber and stuff, but mainly run to enhanced skills, pain resistance, mystic armour, killing hands and the like. Plenty of centering on just about everything and a Rating 6 Weapon Focus plus Rating 4 Centering Focus to round it all off.

Sound like your man?

+Quote Post
techboy
post Feb 4 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 4,223

Not image. Mage. And he's not.

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Feb 4 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Ok. This one has been a long time in the making and started all the way back in 1st ed.
----------------
Reaver

Rigger - Well, not yet, but does have the essence to afford a level 1 VCR if and when he wants to shell out the major nuyen for a delta grade version and the skilled surgeon. Does have a few nice cars already and an old SPECAT International Jaguar fighter. Does have a datajack and all his vehicles have a datajack port.

Decker - Has an implanted Math SPU (3) and Encephalon (2). Has a highly modified Trans-Berry NeuroSys cyberdeck that he picked up from a published adventure (Imago I think). MPCP 13 (running of 12 since it uses a reality filter) and most programs are at an average of 6. Computer skill is only a 4, with a B/R of 2. Decking is more of a past time/hobby than a full fledged skill.

Samurai - Has dual smartgun rig, a single cybereye (which he lost in a fight with a bug shaman) and a rating 6 implanted radio (w/ commlink 4, crypto-circuit 8, scramble breaker 6 and a cybercomm link). Skillwire 6 (300Mp) for backup esoteric skills. Also has muscle augmentation and muscle toner, enhanced articulation, synthacardium and trauma damper. Pistols of 6, assault rifles and rifles of 5, SMG of 4, and edged weapons of 6. Athletics of 3 and Stealth of 4.

Mage - Level 10 shamanic initiate, following the goddess Ishtar (deity of love and war). Sorcery finally up to rating 8, enchanting 7, conjuring 6 and spell design 5. Has picked up pretty much every metamagic talent through either initiation or learning. Has shed all current geas through magic loss, but still has focus additiction. Rating 4 and 8 weapon focus. Also has a rating 12 weapon focus bastard sword that is also an ally spirit rating 6. A rating 6 power focus, rating 6 shield focus, rating 6 manipulation focus, a few spell locks and a few sustaining foci. Average force rating of spells is around 7 or 8.

Al cyberware is delta grade, implanted here and there over a large ammount of time. Bioware was also implanted slowly and is all cultured.

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM
Post #11

Running Target

Too bad he's not an adept, and too bad he's not a starting character. Otherwise... in the immortal words on keanu reeves: "Woah."

+Quote Post
toturi
post Feb 4 2004, 03:05 PM
Post #12

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Start with magical path(mage, assumed to be hermetic) adept>> mage and adept

Get implants(smartlinks and datajack and eye stuff)>> Sam

Decker(since have datajack already can just add a deck and skills)

Rigger(just add vehicle, a rigger doesn't need a VCR to rig :) )

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Feb 4 2004, 03:10 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Jason Farlander)
Too bad he's not an adept, and too bad he's not a starting character. Otherwise... in the immortal words on keanu reeves: "Woah."

The only way to have BOTH a mage AND an adept would be to do a physical mage. Such mages are highly difficult to cyber... especially right out of the gate. And he never said anything about starting characters. ;)

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Feb 4 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #14

Running Target

He *did* say "make and post" as opposed to "make, play across 3 editions until you have a godlike character, and then post." as well as "they do have to fulfill all the roles"

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Feb 4 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Member No.: 2,032

Actually: Isn't Adept an equivalent term for any aspected character? IE: You get Conjuring / Sorcery Adepts so wouldn't a hermetic conjuring adept count as an MageAdept?

Aside from that the Path of the Magician is about the best choice with the best grade of VCR1, Datajack, and Smartlink you can fit into 2 essence (you'll need some betaware or better in there).

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Feb 4 2004, 03:56 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 2,032

I'd like in but I'd like to know what chargen rules are being used. 123BP? Becks XYZ? Priorities? Is Beta/Cultured ware available? What rating/Availability is allowable?

Also: What, specifically, do characters have to achieve to be counted as a Sammie? Do they need to have 0.01 essence or (as I'm assuming) be good in general combat and have a smartlink? Are Sorcerery/Conjuring/Totemic/Elemental Adepts considered Adepts or do you have to be a Physical Adept?

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Feb 4 2004, 04:34 PM
Post #17

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

QUOTE (toturi)
Rigger(just add vehicle, a rigger doesn't need a VCR to rig :) )

Um, yes he does. A vehicle control rig. Neither datajack control, nor "pilot's chair" mode are true rigging. They're similar, which is why they're found in the Rigger book (what, you want them in MitS?) But I maintain that you're not Rigging unless you're "jumping into" the vehicle.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 4 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #18

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
Yeah. I bet Kagetenshi and BlackSmith have been building those killer characters for just this purpose.

Right now I'm building a killer essay that was due two days ago, but I'll get on the characters right after that :)

~J

+Quote Post
Grey
post Feb 4 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #19

Runner

Member No.: 100

QUOTE (Reaver)
Ok. This one has been a long time in the making and started all the way back in 1st ed.
----------------
Reaver

Rigger - Well, not yet, but does have the essence to afford a level 1 VCR if and when he wants to shell out the major nuyen for a delta grade version and the skilled surgeon. Does have a few nice cars already and an old SPECAT International Jaguar fighter. Does have a datajack and all his vehicles have a datajack port.

Decker - Has an implanted Math SPU (3) and Encephalon (2). Has a highly modified Trans-Berry NeuroSys cyberdeck that he picked up from a published adventure (Imago I think). MPCP 13 (running of 12 since it uses a reality filter) and most programs are at an average of 6. Computer skill is only a 4, with a B/R of 2. Decking is more of a past time/hobby than a full fledged skill.

Samurai - Has dual smartgun rig, a single cybereye (which he lost in a fight with a bug shaman) and a rating 6 implanted radio (w/ commlink 4, crypto-circuit 8, scramble breaker 6 and a cybercomm link). Skillwire 6 (300Mp) for backup esoteric skills. Also has muscle augmentation and muscle toner, enhanced articulation, synthacardium and trauma damper. Pistols of 6, assault rifles and rifles of 5, SMG of 4, and edged weapons of 6. Athletics of 3 and Stealth of 4.

Mage - Level 10 shamanic initiate, following the goddess Ishtar (deity of love and war). Sorcery finally up to rating 8, enchanting 7, conjuring 6 and spell design 5. Has picked up pretty much every metamagic talent through either initiation or learning. Has shed all current geas through magic loss, but still has focus additiction. Rating 4 and 8 weapon focus. Also has a rating 12 weapon focus bastard sword that is also an ally spirit rating 6. A rating 6 power focus, rating 6 shield focus, rating 6 manipulation focus, a few spell locks and a few sustaining foci. Average force rating of spells is around 7 or 8.

Al cyberware is delta grade, implanted here and there over a large ammount of time. Bioware was also implanted slowly and is all cultured.

Man, when I read shit like that, I remember why I'm so picky about who I play with. That character is just freakin' lame and rediculous.

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Feb 4 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (Grey)

Man, when I read shit like that, I remember why I'm so picky about who I play with. That character is just freakin' lame and rediculous.

That character has been played since 1st ed. Do you have any characters you've played with for that long? Frankly I find your tone insulting and uncalled for.

+Quote Post
boodah
post Feb 4 2004, 07:32 PM
Post #21

Target

Member No.: 5,596

QUOTE (Grey)

ah, a realist. its too bad you diddnt stay as a child when you gained experience and age.

+Quote Post
Grey
post Feb 4 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #22

Runner

Member No.: 100

Eventually characters get to a point where they can retire. Ask yourself this... You were a shadowrunner, risking your life day in, day out, just so some Johnson will pay you a bit of money, but then again, he may just stab you in the back. Eventually, you get the "big score" and have enough to buy a permanent high lifestyle. Do you keep risking your life for people who don't give a damn about you, or do you life the easy life?

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 4 2004, 07:40 PM
Post #23

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Depends what you're running for.
Even amongst those who don't have ideals they fight for or revenge to seek, some people just forget how to live any other way.

~J

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Feb 4 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Grey)
Eventually characters get to a point where they can retire. Ask yourself this... You were a shadowrunner, risking your life day in, day out, just so some Johnson will pay you a bit of money, but then again, he may just stab you in the back. Eventually, you get the "big score" and have enough to buy a permanent high lifestyle. Do you keep risking your life for people who don't give a damn about you, or do you life the easy life?

Depends on the person and thier goals. At that level, maybe you just become more like a Johnson, personally hiring a team to accomplish to goal and personally making sure its completed. Every character has different outlooks and goals. Then there are some who are just addicted to the action. ;)

+Quote Post
boodah
post Feb 4 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 5,596

then again, some people want to get out of the house and away from the kids.
;)

eh reav?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:30 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.