Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most Evil thing you did, or had done to you inGame
Wu Jen
post Feb 4 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,055

Well old time SR player and DM, first time poster. Probably one of the most evil things I threw at my players was a mage holed up in a warehouse. He had gotten a ton of lvl 1 spell locks and bonded them to rats around the area. The rats were basically wearing the spell locks around their necks.

The team was mostly cyber'd up types and the mage whom they were hunting was astrally projecting. Soon as the party would near one of the rats the mage would throw a spl 6 fireball down the spell lock so that it would manifest on the physical plane. Needless to say after the first couple of blasts the party was on the look out for rats!

Since the mage was Astrally projecting it was short work for one of the runners (who seperated himself from the main target group) to find the meatbody of the mage and put it out of the teams missery. (note: this was all SR2)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boodah
post Feb 4 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 5,596

spell funneled through what used to be an implanted spell lock.
was it a fireball i felt reav?

-=eats a tums=-

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Feb 4 2004, 09:55 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,110

I don't get it.

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Feb 4 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 5,375

His GM (reaver?) had an astraly projecting mage slam a fireball through a Spell Lock that boodah's char had surgically implanted in his abdomen, I would guess.

+Quote Post
Wu Jen
post Feb 4 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #5

Target

Actually a spell lock implanted inside of you would be hard to target. Your own aura would override the aura of the spell lock (especially a weak lvl 1 spell lock) if the lock was higher then it would have a larger aura but then again it would be harder to ground a spell through.

Rats on the other hand are cheap and so are the spell locks. Only cavet is you have to spend 1 karma point per spell lock. :) Then again if your a NPC what do you care :)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 4 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

i once dropped 500 doses of gamma-anthrax into the water supply of an isolated compound we'd been hired to destroy.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Feb 4 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #7

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

Stuffed a large chunk of C12 and a remote detonator into some little kid and used them as a walking bomb to take out their mother.

During the 'Divided Assets' adventure we'd kidnapped the kid and were holding onto him for a bit but things were going to shit. The Feds had been brought in and kidnapping is considered a major case by them. So we looked at the situation and decided to cut our losses. Quick visit to the local Tanamous to get rid of the kid/evidence and make some quick travelling cash and we skipped town. :)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 5 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

haha. i think those two stories are less horrifying than the fact that he ended them with a smiley face.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Feb 5 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #9

King of the Hobos

Better than :D, :spin: or :smokin: would have been. But can I help it if I have a predisposition to being a bastard?

+Quote Post
Prototype
post Feb 5 2004, 01:05 AM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 3,168

Well, I was GM-ing a campaign where one of the PC's, known as Spiderjack was an ex-criminal who had a corrupt parole officer.

Now, Spiderjack is a totally upstanding guy... he's a typical Shadowrunner with a heart of gold who always does the right things and tries to be a hero. He also is mundane and refuses to use any cyber/bio (his brother died after a faulty datajack implantation.)

So, SJ's parole officer (working with the local Yaks) knows his profession and wants him to have a simrig implanted so that they can coin it in from shadowrunning simchips sold on the black market. However, SJ is pretty resistant to this and gives his parole officer a slight kicking. The parole officer could report him and make life difficult, but decides to go about things in a different manner.

He shows up with two trolls who proceed to go for SJ, him being a hero (and unarmed master!) he tries to take them on rather than flee. However, few mundane, non-cybered humans can stand up to two trolls mano-et-trollo and he gets pasted. The trolls haul him up and then a japanese guy in a dressing gown comes in and takes it off whilst the camera crew set up. They film this surgically enhanced guy raping Spiderjack for sale on the black market, when finished they beat him almost to death and his parole officer tells him that at least they'll get some money out of him now.

Pretty harsh I suppose... but them's the breaks!

Same character had some problems with some old PC chums of his... two guys that the party had left for dead/given up on who had links to the Ordo Maximus came back to get revenge. Spiderjack had one of their wives living with him (she was traumatised by the discovery that her computer-programer boyfriend was actually a vampire physad shadowrunner, and the subsequent torture at the hands of Mr. Darke left her a bit of a wreck) as he was caring for her.

So anyway, that's why they chose to visit SJ first... they broke in and the mage slapped a control actions on SJ then they cracked out the surgical gear and carefully amputated each of his limbs, put them in a bag, them propped him up on the couch, gagged with a note pinned to his chest.

Sometimes I think I might have been harsh with him! But he loved it really!

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Feb 5 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #11

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

I had a spider shaman, who was very... spidery. He started casting Dream at force 4 or 5 every night on one of his teamates recovering from a wound. The dream was a nightmare about spiders. The plan was to scar him mentally, so that when he cast spells and his shamanic mask poped up, the teammate would be afraid. Did it just for kicks, not particular reason.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Feb 5 2004, 02:40 AM
Post #12

King of the Hobos

Edit. Posted in the wrong bloody window. :oops:

+Quote Post
BumsofTacoma
post Feb 5 2004, 02:41 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,871

I had a street sam who was being chased by some yaks. He knew he was going to get nabbed soon if he didnt ditch the car. But The yaks blasted his car pretty bad and he knew he couldn't drive much longer either. So I slammed the car into a starbucks and hopped out. I set a few kilo's of c-12 in the car and ran out the back door. The yaks ran out of their car and into the store. I detonated the c-12 as I ran and blew them all up.....Along with most of the mall that was attached, the stuffer shack, and the day care center nextdoor. Something like 47 dead over half were kids.

Needless to say a very large manhunt followed. I agree it was stupid to use so much c-12 but um... well I wanted it to work real good. :D

In an Exalted Game I took Familiar as a background. My GM gave me a small midevil version of Gir from Invader Zim.

All he did was ask for food, dance, get in the way, and he ate my Grand Diklave (a huge magical sword). Every time I tried to kill it I just got hurt, and or knocked out. and it laughed and danced with my unconcios body and sang childish songs. I will never take that backround again. Although, it was pretty funny.

+Quote Post
holychampion
post Feb 5 2004, 02:41 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,045

A team that had been running for a couple of years, took a run into Ares to get a Flight recorder from a experimental craft. Little did they know that for the last 6 or 7 runs their enemies had been plotting revenge, and had hired the team under a dummy corp name looking to make a breakthrough with their own projects and win the next Military contract. Their plot also included staging the crash and the Flight recorder. Long story short. THe group succeeded, "without firing a shot" as was their personal goal to gain extra karma, only to return to the johnson, hand over the recorder, only to have it start projecting a image of their enemies waving to them. Boom!
Only PC to survive was the wolf shaman who had un-easy feeling throughout the entire adventure. He had a Barrier spell ready just before they met the johnson.

+Quote Post
Nazgul
post Feb 6 2004, 05:09 AM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 5,998

I GM with two runners both female, both kind of psychotic. We were just starting out together, although two of us were experienced, the other was on her first RPG session ever. We'd finished the main mission for the evening but they were wanting more so i put a quick gangland assassination mission together for them: take out a Troll who's been causing trouble...

So they creep into this Troll's apartment building and sneak through his pad without disturbing him. They hear some "sounds" coming from the bedroom. They creep up to the open door and see the Troll "engaged" with two lady Trolls. I hammed up the situation and played it for what it was worth, two fairly naive females (a human and an elf) walking in a..well, a situation they certainly werent expecting and seeing something they aint never seen before!

Repulsed at what they were seeing, although it would've been beautiful to some, they proceeded to completely blow away this Troll and his two "companions" without a second thought, hoping they could just get out of the room and still keep their sanity.

Hehe, they still laugh about it, today, but consider it to be one of the nastiest things they've seen.

+Quote Post
BumsofTacoma
post Feb 6 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,871

Racists.

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Feb 6 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

<edit> sorry, kevyn668 I should have been more specific. I was referring to first post by the thread starter.

Well old time SR player and DM, first time poster. Probably one of the most evil things I threw at my players was a mage holed up in a warehouse. He had gotten a ton of lvl 1 spell locks and bonded them to rats around the area. The rats were basically wearing the spell locks around their necks.

The team was mostly cyber'd up types and the mage whom they were hunting was astrally projecting. Soon as the party would near one of the rats the mage would throw a spl 6 fireball down the spell lock so that it would manifest on the physical plane. Needless to say after the first couple of blasts the party was on the look out for rats!

Since the mage was Astrally projecting it was short work for one of the runners (who seperated himself from the main target group) to find the meatbody of the mage and put it out of the teams missery. (note: this was all SR2)

Except don't rats run from people? And what's the big advantage to doing it this way? Sounds like overkill.

+Quote Post
Arethusa
post Feb 6 2004, 11:07 AM
Post #18

Runner

Member No.: 4,775

QUOTE (Nazgul)
I GM with two runners both female, both kind of psychotic. We were just starting out together, although two of us were experienced, the other was on her first RPG session ever. We'd finished the main mission for the evening but they were wanting more so i put a quick gangland assassination mission together for them: take out a Troll who's been causing trouble...

So they creep into this Troll's apartment building and sneak through his pad without disturbing him. They hear some "sounds" coming from the bedroom. They creep up to the open door and see the Troll "engaged" with two lady Trolls. I hammed up the situation and played it for what it was worth, two fairly naive females (a human and an elf) walking in a..well, a situation they certainly werent expecting and seeing something they aint never seen before!

Repulsed at what they were seeing, although it would've been beautiful to some, they proceeded to completely blow away this Troll and his two "companions" without a second thought, hoping they could just get out of the room and still keep their sanity.

Hehe, they still laugh about it, today, but consider it to be one of the nastiest things they've seen.

Racists. Paid your monthly Humanis dues, yet?

+Quote Post
Mr. Boombastic
post Feb 6 2004, 11:57 AM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 1,883

Have all Traffic lights in Downtown Seattle switch to green during Rush hour. ( this was our Deckers Idea of keeping the Cops from arriving at the scene ).

+Quote Post
Wu Jen
post Feb 6 2004, 12:23 PM
Post #20

Target

QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman)
sorry, kevyn668 I should have been more specific. I was referring to first post by the thread starter.

Except don't rats run from people? And what's the big advantage to doing it this way? Sounds like overkill.

The big advantage is having fireballs go off on the party without them being able to attack back. Imagine walking down a street and fireballs going off near you. Your not a mage so you look for the guy casting the spells but you don't see anyone that fits that description.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Feb 6 2004, 01:26 PM
Post #21

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Had a villain go to shit on me. I forgot one of my PC's Day Job was a zookeeper at the Seattle Zoo and I had the NPC villain chase the PC into the zoo. Bad idea. Uber-Villian became fodder. (Assist GM runs the game world, I run the main villians).

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Feb 6 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #22

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

I had my gamers hired by a small research facility called Arkoss that was working on a prototype weapon of some kind. They had uncovered a matrix incursion into their research files but were unable to track it. Expecting to be hit for thier prototype, they hired runners to fight fire with fire.

So, my team had this really awesome plan worked up. I mean -- they were great. They controlled the exits so that there was only really one way to get in. Then, they made it hard to get to that entry point so that the other team wouldn't think it was suspicious that this entry point was missed. Once inside the building, they had halways and staircases baricaded so that the invaders would be forced into choke points. Basically, their plan was to corral the bad guys and take them out.

Well, that didn't work out exactly as they had intended (duh) but they still pulled off the run. The prototype was safe and everything was happy. Unfortunately, two of the other team members were awakened. One a mage, one an adept. I allow the knack power for adepts in my game, so the adept had a knack for steath and improved invisibility. As a result, they didn't know that he didn't actually leave the building. The mage, on the other hand, was still in the building and astrally projecting so that she could "follow" the players and know when they were leaving.

The players were paid, and left the job. Arkoss thought they were safe until about a day later, the adept just kinda followed a lab tech into the prototype's room, knocked the teck out, grabbed the prototype and he and the mage split the payment and skipped town.

The team was pissed that after all that work, the facility still got robbed, but then I reminded them that they did get paid, and they were okay.

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Feb 6 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 4,323

I have never felt quite so evil as a GM as I did when I took players into the Renraku Arc and had them encounter Bumblebee drones or Medusas.

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Feb 6 2004, 08:18 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Wu Jen)
QUOTE (Shanshu Freeman @ Feb 6 2004, 05:22 AM)
sorry, kevyn668 I should have been more specific.  I was referring to first post by the thread starter.

Except don't rats run from people?  And what's the big advantage to doing it this way?    Sounds like overkill.

The big advantage is having fireballs go off on the party without them being able to attack back. Imagine walking down a street and fireballs going off near you. Your not a mage so you look for the guy casting the spells but you don't see anyone that fits that description.

ah, ok, sweet. That sounds like a good idea.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Feb 6 2004, 09:01 PM
Post #25

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

Anyone remember Neuromancer's swiss spies? The old guys who had gone through so much genetic therapy that they looked like 20?

I took a bunch of company men, and turned them into 10 years old kids. Use them in a surprise hit against the runners, who were about to make a deal in a public park, full of normal children.

Those players still hate Mitsuhama for what they had to do to escape that park. :evil:

And mind you that this was years before the otakus and Deus (1997, I think).

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:06 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.