Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paranoid Technomancer, Scripting, Spoofing, and Sprites
Golgoth
post Jan 3 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,228

All right. This just recently came up in a discussion between a friend and I. It's quite interesting... I think.

We were talking about Sprites and the topic of scripting the sprite to send a confirmation through Resonance Link came up. Basically, the task would be this:

Paladin Sprite: Protect me to the best of your abilities and should any further commands be sent to you, send confirmation to me through Resonance Link.

Another Technomancer gets into combat with me and Spoofs: Protect Technomancer X. He gets lucky on the dice rolls and the Spoof goes off.

Paladin Sprite protects the new Technomancer but the Paladin Sprite sends a confirmation to me.

Now, the argument is: This doesn't work. It would never work, you can't do that. Is this correct? Can I not do this? Can I not tell the sprite to confirm with me any commands that are sent to it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Jan 3 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

If the other TM knew about the confirmation, he could Spoof the Sprite to ignore it and just do what he says.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jan 3 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jan 3 2010, 03:03 AM) *
If the other TM knew about the confirmation, he could Spoof the Sprite to ignore it and just do what he says.

But barring that (and why would the other TM even suspect), it should work just fine...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Golgoth
post Jan 3 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 17,228

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 3 2010, 09:31 AM) *
But barring that (and why would the other TM even suspect), it should work just fine...

Keep the Faith

Metagaming by the GM! That's the only thing I could think of. Anyhow, that's what I thought. That if the other TM suspected it, he could spoof it to not send the confirmation, otherwise it was a good way for redundancy in the off-chance that a spider was actually another TM.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jan 4 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #5

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Golgoth @ Jan 3 2010, 12:20 PM) *
Metagaming by the GM! That's the only thing I could think of. Anyhow, that's what I thought. That if the other TM suspected it, he could spoof it to not send the confirmation, otherwise it was a good way for redundancy in the off-chance that a spider was actually another TM.

I agree with that sentiment... But Technomancers are rarer than a virgin on Prom Night in Shadowrun in comparison to Hackers, so there you go...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.