Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Capsule Round/Dart Gun Question, Gamma-Scop vs Narcojet
kevyn668
post Feb 5 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,375

If I use a cap round and want to use it to deliver a stun agent, does it have to include DMSO? If so, can somebody tell me how much DMSO costs per dose and if there's an extra charge b/c its a cocktail.

I don't have my books and can't find DMSO on the database of tables I have at work. (for the record I do own M&M, CC, SRComp, and/or whatever else DMSO is listed in, so its not a copywrite problem. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.)

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reaver
post Feb 5 2004, 04:59 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,153

QUOTE (kevyn668)
If I use a cap round and want to use it to deliver a stun agent, does it have to include DMSO? If so, can somebody tell me how much DMSO costs per dose and if there's an extra charge b/c its a cocktail.

I don't have my books and can't find DMSO on the database of tables I have at work. (for the record I do own M&M, CC, SRComp, and/or whatever else DMSO is listed in, so its not a copywrite problem. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.)

Thanks!

If you are going to get the drug absorbed through the skin, the DMSO is a neccessity. Otherwise the target is covered in an expensive drug that doesn't do anything. ;)

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Feb 5 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #3

Runner

Gee, thanks for clearing that up. And thanks for answering the cost question, too. You're the greatest. :S

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Feb 5 2004, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

DMSO costs 10 + Chemical Cost per dose. No extra costs. It gives anything the Contact vector. If you want something to have a Contact vector and it doesn't, you'll need it. Gamma-Scop and Narcoject both only have the Injection vector, so with them you'll need the DMSO. You're welcome. :S

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Feb 5 2004, 06:50 PM
Post #5

Runner

Cool. Thanks. :)

+Quote Post
Bob the Ninja
post Feb 5 2004, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 4,083

On a related tangent... In the capsule round description, it says that some chemicals may react poorly to the gel round itself, causing a breakdown of the round itself. Does anyone have ideas as to what kind of substances actually do this?

+Quote Post
Blaze
post Feb 5 2004, 08:21 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 1,321

Acids for a start, I guess. Probably anything else that's even mildly corrosive to plastics too.

-JH.

+Quote Post
Wu Jen
post Feb 5 2004, 08:31 PM
Post #8

Target

Member No.: 6,055

Just do what I do :) Hollow-point rounds filled with Cyanide and wax covered.

Hey it works for Mossad :)

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Feb 5 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #9

Runner

And New England Sherrifs that have to kill a 25' long shark. Again. :D

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Feb 5 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,110

QUOTE (Wu Jen)
Just do what I do :) Hollow-point rounds filled with Cyanide and wax covered.

Hey it works for Mossad :)

does that muck up the interior of the gun?

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 5 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #11

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

i've always had trouble with the concept of poison bullets. i mean, *BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM* "target has been dosed, objective complete."

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Feb 5 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #12

Runner

I just didn't want to have to carry dart gun when I could carry another clip....

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Feb 5 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #13

Great Dragon

I can sort of understand it from an assassination POV, for when you can only get one shot at the target. I have my doubts about whether you could put a significant dose of any toxin on any normal bullet, however.

+Quote Post
Wu Jen
post Feb 5 2004, 11:10 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 6,055

Check the faq on cyanide it only takes a trace amount to 'mess you up' which can be considered 'delivered' if it does a L physical wound. It doesn't mess up a gun either unless your runner doesn't know what hes doing and puts tons of wax on the tip or forgets to clean his gun after a firing of the shells. In my games I would only allow it to be put on hollowpoints. Doesn't work with EX or ADPS, sorry. So you can have one advantage but not all. Of course I allowed it on arrows and thrown weapons also.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Feb 5 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

The lethal dose of cyanide seems to be between 0.5 and 3mg/kg. Let's use a 80kg human and 3mg/kg to be on the safe side. That's 240mg, 0.24 grams. Assuming the density of cyanide is the same as for water, that's equal to the volume of ~2.7 grams of lead or ~42 grains.

So it's possible. Take a 185gr .45ACP JHP+P and lengthen it to the same size as a 230gr bullet with some rather weak material that doesn't melt or stick to the sides of the barrel and fill with cyanide. Not exactly a certain death, but it might help.

+Quote Post
sidartha
post Feb 6 2004, 01:37 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,025

on a slight sidenote:
during the cold war the russians came up with a clever little trick for assassination in the form of a gun inside an umbrella. it was only .22 caliber(hold out pistol size for those of you who don't know) and fired a hallow sphere filled with one poison or another that came out a small hole in the side(?) :P .
oh the fun you can have when two superpowers are trying to quietly kill each other

+Quote Post
moosegod
post Feb 6 2004, 02:43 AM
Post #17

Running Target

Member No.: 5,818

QUOTE (Bob the Ninja)
On a related tangent... In the capsule round description, it says that some chemicals may react poorly to the gel round itself, causing a breakdown of the round itself. Does anyone have ideas as to what kind of substances actually do this?

I think that was a "if the GM don't like it" sort of an out.

Not like I need an out :vegm:

+Quote Post
toturi
post Feb 6 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #18

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (sidartha)
on a slight sidenote:
during the cold war the russians came up with a clever little trick for assassination in the form of a gun inside an umbrella. it was only .22 caliber(hold out pistol size for those of you who don't know) and fired a hallow sphere filled with one poison or another that came out a small hole in the side(?) :P .
oh the fun you can have when two superpowers are trying to quietly kill each other

Georgi Markov?

That assassination technique is kinda blase, soooo 1970s.

+Quote Post
Moonstone Spider
post Feb 6 2004, 05:23 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,834

The umbrella gun used Ricin, if I remember correctly.

Incidentally does anybody play the real-life effects of DMSO in their games? I do but I have a unique perspective on that wonderful chemical, being an old family friend of Dr. Stanley Jacobs, the man who did most of the modern research on it. Fantastic stuff when it comes to healing almost any kind of damage, burns, cuts, bruises, even arthritis. It destroys the free-radicals that inhibit healing, allowing your natural abilities to work several times better.

+Quote Post
Moonstone Spider
post Feb 6 2004, 05:29 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,834

The umbrella gun used Ricin, if I remember correctly.

Incidentally does anybody play the real-life effects of DMSO in their games? I do but I have a unique perspective on that wonderful chemical, being an old family friend of Dr. Stanley Jacobs, the man who did most of the modern research on it. Fantastic stuff when it comes to healing almost any kind of damage, burns, cuts, bruises, even arthritis. It destroys the free-radicals that inhibit healing, allowing your natural abilities to work several times better.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.