Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Capsule Round/Dart Gun Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
kevyn668
If I use a cap round and want to use it to deliver a stun agent, does it have to include DMSO? If so, can somebody tell me how much DMSO costs per dose and if there's an extra charge b/c its a cocktail.

I don't have my books and can't find DMSO on the database of tables I have at work. (for the record I do own M&M, CC, SRComp, and/or whatever else DMSO is listed in, so its not a copywrite problem. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.)

Thanks!
Reaver
QUOTE (kevyn668)
If I use a cap round and want to use it to deliver a stun agent, does it have to include DMSO? If so, can somebody tell me how much DMSO costs per dose and if there's an extra charge b/c its a cocktail.

I don't have my books and can't find DMSO on the database of tables I have at work. (for the record I do own M&M, CC, SRComp, and/or whatever else DMSO is listed in, so its not a copywrite problem. You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it.)

Thanks!

If you are going to get the drug absorbed through the skin, the DMSO is a neccessity. Otherwise the target is covered in an expensive drug that doesn't do anything. wink.gif
kevyn668
Gee, thanks for clearing that up. And thanks for answering the cost question, too. You're the greatest. sarcastic.gif
Austere Emancipator
DMSO costs 10 + Chemical Cost per dose. No extra costs. It gives anything the Contact vector. If you want something to have a Contact vector and it doesn't, you'll need it. Gamma-Scop and Narcoject both only have the Injection vector, so with them you'll need the DMSO. You're welcome. sarcastic.gif
kevyn668
Cool. Thanks. smile.gif
Bob the Ninja
On a related tangent... In the capsule round description, it says that some chemicals may react poorly to the gel round itself, causing a breakdown of the round itself. Does anyone have ideas as to what kind of substances actually do this?
Blaze
Acids for a start, I guess. Probably anything else that's even mildly corrosive to plastics too.

-JH.
Wu Jen
Just do what I do smile.gif Hollow-point rounds filled with Cyanide and wax covered.

Hey it works for Mossad smile.gif
kevyn668
And New England Sherrifs that have to kill a 25' long shark. Again. biggrin.gif
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Wu Jen)
Just do what I do smile.gif Hollow-point rounds filled with Cyanide and wax covered.

Hey it works for Mossad smile.gif

does that muck up the interior of the gun?
mfb
i've always had trouble with the concept of poison bullets. i mean, *BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM* "target has been dosed, objective complete."

kevyn668
I just didn't want to have to carry dart gun when I could carry another clip....
Austere Emancipator
I can sort of understand it from an assassination POV, for when you can only get one shot at the target. I have my doubts about whether you could put a significant dose of any toxin on any normal bullet, however.
Wu Jen
Check the faq on cyanide it only takes a trace amount to 'mess you up' which can be considered 'delivered' if it does a L physical wound. It doesn't mess up a gun either unless your runner doesn't know what hes doing and puts tons of wax on the tip or forgets to clean his gun after a firing of the shells. In my games I would only allow it to be put on hollowpoints. Doesn't work with EX or ADPS, sorry. So you can have one advantage but not all. Of course I allowed it on arrows and thrown weapons also.
Austere Emancipator
The lethal dose of cyanide seems to be between 0.5 and 3mg/kg. Let's use a 80kg human and 3mg/kg to be on the safe side. That's 240mg, 0.24 grams. Assuming the density of cyanide is the same as for water, that's equal to the volume of ~2.7 grams of lead or ~42 grains.

So it's possible. Take a 185gr .45ACP JHP+P and lengthen it to the same size as a 230gr bullet with some rather weak material that doesn't melt or stick to the sides of the barrel and fill with cyanide. Not exactly a certain death, but it might help.
sidartha
on a slight sidenote:
during the cold war the russians came up with a clever little trick for assassination in the form of a gun inside an umbrella. it was only .22 caliber(hold out pistol size for those of you who don't know) and fired a hallow sphere filled with one poison or another that came out a small hole in the side(?) nyahnyah.gif .
oh the fun you can have when two superpowers are trying to quietly kill each other
moosegod
QUOTE (Bob the Ninja)
On a related tangent... In the capsule round description, it says that some chemicals may react poorly to the gel round itself, causing a breakdown of the round itself. Does anyone have ideas as to what kind of substances actually do this?

I think that was a "if the GM don't like it" sort of an out.

Not like I need an out vegm.gif
toturi
QUOTE (sidartha)
on a slight sidenote:
during the cold war the russians came up with a clever little trick for assassination in the form of a gun inside an umbrella. it was only .22 caliber(hold out pistol size for those of you who don't know) and fired a hallow sphere filled with one poison or another that came out a small hole in the side(?) nyahnyah.gif .
oh the fun you can have when two superpowers are trying to quietly kill each other

Georgi Markov?

That assassination technique is kinda blase, soooo 1970s.
Moonstone Spider
The umbrella gun used Ricin, if I remember correctly.

Incidentally does anybody play the real-life effects of DMSO in their games? I do but I have a unique perspective on that wonderful chemical, being an old family friend of Dr. Stanley Jacobs, the man who did most of the modern research on it. Fantastic stuff when it comes to healing almost any kind of damage, burns, cuts, bruises, even arthritis. It destroys the free-radicals that inhibit healing, allowing your natural abilities to work several times better.
Moonstone Spider
The umbrella gun used Ricin, if I remember correctly.

Incidentally does anybody play the real-life effects of DMSO in their games? I do but I have a unique perspective on that wonderful chemical, being an old family friend of Dr. Stanley Jacobs, the man who did most of the modern research on it. Fantastic stuff when it comes to healing almost any kind of damage, burns, cuts, bruises, even arthritis. It destroys the free-radicals that inhibit healing, allowing your natural abilities to work several times better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012