IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What modifier does Enhanced Senses provide?
Ranger
post Jan 7 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,759

In SR4A, some critters have the Enhanced Senses power. For example, dogs have Enhanced Senses (Smell). What modifier does this give the dog? The power's description makes no mention of game mechanics for using this power.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Jan 7 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

GM Fiat/Call. Really situation dependent.

Example1: Dog tracking a person through the woods (+2 to its perception check due to the enhanced sense of smell, my call) to track the person gains a bonus.

Example2: Bat flying hunting for insects near an outdoor rock concert (-2 to its survival heck due to the enhanced sense of hearing, my call) gains a penalty for the distraction.

+Quote Post
Ranger
post Jan 7 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Thanks, Warlordtheft. That sounds about as good as any ruling I could fathom.

+Quote Post
Dragnar
post Jan 7 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,638

Critter and adept powers are assumed to be as strong as the best tech version, so enhanced sight would give you +6 (as that's the max cyber or glasses would give you). There's no reason enhanced smell should be weaker, so I'd advise on giving out the full +6 as well (really, 2 dice isn't even a success on average).

+Quote Post
Dragnar
post Jan 7 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

darn double post...

+Quote Post
Ranger
post Jan 7 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Dragnar @ Jan 7 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Critter and adept powers are assumed to be as strong as the best tech version, so enhanced sight would give you +6 (as that's the max cyber or glasses would give you). There's no reason enhanced smell should be weaker, so I'd advise on giving out the full +6 as well (really, 2 dice isn't even a success on average).

Is that stated in a book somewhere, or did you glean that from reading these forums?

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Jan 7 2010, 10:47 PM
Post #7

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

If you grab your handy copy of Running Wild, and turn to page 205, you will see that it was cleared up.

The Dog would gain a +2 dice pool modifier, and could use the Scent tracking (Tracking + Intuition) based on the thresholds and modifiers from page 206.

A Bat's echolocation functions as Ultrasound, and would suffer identical penalties to ultrasound usage.

+Quote Post
Ranger
post Jan 7 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Awesome; thank you, BishopMcQ. I guess I should finish reading Running Wild!

+Quote Post
Dragnar
post Jan 8 2010, 01:10 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (Ranger @ Jan 7 2010, 11:43 PM) *
Is that stated in a book somewhere, or did you glean that from reading these forums?

It's actually written somewhere, but I don't quite remember where. If I had to guess, I'd say it's in the errata for the adept version of enhanced senses, although I'm not sure.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jan 8 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #10

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

QUOTE (Dragnar @ Jan 7 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Critter and adept powers are assumed to be as strong as the best tech version, so enhanced sight would give you +6 (as that's the max cyber or glasses would give you).

+6? Isn't it +3 (at least audio/vision enhancement is max +3)?

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2024 - 01:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.