IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Underbarrel Weapons and Gyro Mounts, How do they interact?
overcannon
post Jan 20 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,052

So, I have hit a bit of a snag.

The underbarrel weapon modification cannot be combined with other underbarrel modifications or accessories that reduce recoil (foregrip, bipod, tripod, underbarrel weight)...This mod is generally only available for longarms, machine guns, and assault cannons.

and

Heavy weapons are so large and potentially damaging to the user that they cannot be carried and fired without the help of a gyro stabilization unit.

So I see two possible interpretations, either only trolls are capable of using Heavy Weapons with underbarrel weapon, or the omission of gyro stabilization from the list was deliberate.

Any thoughts on the matter?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manunancy
post Jan 20 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,940

I understand it as 'if there's something already mounted underbarrel, be it a modification or a recoil compensation system, you can't add an underbarrel weapon'.

If the gyromount is fixed to the underbarrel mount it's not compatible,but it it's fixed elsewhere you can add an underbarrel weapon. Judging from the bipod and tripod inclusion into the non compatible mods, I'dd place the gyromount into the same 'no underbarrel weapon with that' atgeory.

+Quote Post
Stry
post Jan 20 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,013

My understanding is most long arms and heavy weapons will only have one under barrel slot for modification, its more of a question of what is more useful a grenade launcher or a gyromount.

Machine guns and assault cannons would want more recoil suppression do to the high rate of fire than grenade launcher, or flame thrower. While an under barrel weapon will add more to an assault rifle or a shot gun.

Funny thought I want an under barrel shotgun for my shotgun.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jan 20 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #4

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

The Carrying Heavy Weapons rule is optional.

If you don't use it, nothing is preventing you from using one without gyro stabilization.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jan 21 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #5

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

First... most (if not all) weapons that can utilize a Pintle Mount (Vehicle Weapon Mounts or Gyrostabilization Units) are fitted at the Receiver, not the barrel, so that is a non-issue really...

Second... Gyrostabilization was left off of the list, because it is not a barrel mount option...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:47 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.