Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OOC: What the Future Holds
phelious fogg
post Feb 8 2004, 04:49 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,408

Since I have been in a few of these play by posts, and most of them have died (minus Maffia Affair, which is doing very well) I wanted to see if I could start running one and see where it goes..

Backstory: For the last three months you have been working for Mobius Gentronics, a small bioware corp based out of Fort Smith, a city in Arkansas. You were on 'payroll' as a team (along with several other shadowrunners) Mobius tended to hire runners based of thier creativity, inqinuity, and professionalism. They also had thier own goon squad, for when things required a bit less of that said professionallism.

Its the last day of your 'contract', one last run for them and you are own your own, with 15,000 :nuyen: in your pockets.

Requirements: Point Buy, 130 points. Humans get two free contacts. Everyone gets 10k after character creation (dont roll for money). Also If during character creation you have less than 10k to spend, you dont need to divide it by ten for starting cash, just leave it as is.

Im looking for characters that arent lightning fast killers, personality is a plus, backgrounds would be nice, remember you currently live in CAS. Deckers and Riggers are welcome to join, but no Otaku. Shapeshifters are also okay, but i would prefer them to be mundane if they are going to be used.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Submit characters by PMing me, or mailing them to phelious_fogg@yahoo.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Feb 8 2004, 05:00 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

Hmmm... a corporate complacent Rigger a bit worried about not having his corp parent around anymore might be fun.

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Feb 8 2004, 08:42 AM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 5,676

I'll play a shaman of some sort. I'll have the character created by tomorow evening at the latest.

+Quote Post
phelious fogg
post Feb 8 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Oh yeah, everyone gets thier normal two contacts, humans just get two extra free contacts (making it four contacts)

Additionaly, Availability 8 and Rating 6 for all gear, Max force 6 for all magic stuff. If you want something special, just ask

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Feb 8 2004, 09:43 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

If I might ask, why the contact boost for humans? Seems kind of meta biased...

+Quote Post
Fallon_Blackthor...
post Feb 8 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 5,976

Have to agree with Heroin on that one man. Metahumanity is getting robbed man. Have a hermetic that I'll send you as soon as I get it on the puter...

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Feb 8 2004, 11:34 PM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

*still working on the Dwarf rigger*

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Feb 9 2004, 01:44 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Well, I assume the reason for the extra contacts is to make up for the fact that the human karma pool bonus doesn't help at all on one-shot missions like this.

+Quote Post
phelious fogg
post Feb 9 2004, 02:07 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Panzergeist answered your question for me, since their karma pool boost probably wont come into play, i still wanted to give them something.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Feb 9 2004, 02:19 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

Well, if this is to be just a one shot deal, then I'm going to withdraw... I'm looking for longer term games, as I thought the title of this thread implied...

+Quote Post
phelious fogg
post Feb 9 2004, 02:23 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

It like it to be multiple adventures, but humans should have a bit of a boost in the beginning, before karma pool comes into play.
I dont think two extra contacts is going to be game unbalancing in any aspect after a few adventures.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Feb 9 2004, 02:50 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

It's your call, but consider that someone playing a meta has to spend 5 or 10 build points to start with, which is at the very least a loss of a potential :nuyen: 15k. On top of that, if they want those contacts, there's another :nuyen: 10k gone, and they still gain Karma pool half as fast as humans...

I'll consider a character, we'll see how my time constraints are...

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Feb 9 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,304

C'mon guys. It's not taking something away from meta's, it's giving something to humans. It's not like trolls are getting anything less than they normally do. Just that humans are getting extra. Only a little extra. The extra contact edge is only one point, so it's a 2 build point bonus for playing a human.

+Quote Post
Grey
post Feb 9 2004, 11:27 PM
Post #14

Runner

Member No.: 100

Yeah, seriously, I don't see what the big deal is.

And I feel like throwing my hand in as a Decker. Its been a while since I played one. Are there any special rules I need to know about how you work Decking?

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Feb 10 2004, 12:06 AM
Post #15

Running Target

So that gives us a shaman, a hermetic, a decker, and a rigger. Bearclaw, how about you? You thinking of playing, or just perusing the thread? We need at least one physical combat type to do our dirty work.

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Feb 10 2004, 12:29 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Crap, I was working on a combat decker/techwiz guy. I'd just come back to the site to post that, and I got distracted by the Checkmate thread :(
OK, I'll change tracks and do a pain distributer of some type.

+Quote Post
Grey
post Feb 10 2004, 12:47 AM
Post #17

Runner

You can still be a techie. Deckers do computers, techies do electronics and security systems. And having two techs isn't a bad idea anyways.

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Feb 10 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #18

Shooting Target

I'll go the b&e expert route then. Big stealth, athletics, electronics and b&r. May as well be able to fight as well :D

+Quote Post
Grey
post Feb 10 2004, 01:05 AM
Post #19

Runner

Thats my favorite type of character, but I've got like 3 of them going already. I haven't played a Decker in ages (though I have played a Otaku recently).

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Feb 10 2004, 03:23 AM
Post #20

Running Target

Okay, so here's the lineup:

Panzergeist: Shaman
Heroin: Rigger
Fallon: Mage
Grey: Decker
Bearclaw: Covert Op

We could use one more meat shield type, but we don't need one. So, as soon as the five of us get our characters PMd to phelious, I'd say we're ready. Another gunner would be nice, but I don't see the need to wait for one.

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Feb 10 2004, 04:44 AM
Post #21

Shooting Target

With 2 mages, I'd say we've got a pretty good bit of firepower.

+Quote Post
phelious fogg
post Feb 10 2004, 05:24 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

I like the way this is shaping up. Thats a particularly good team too. The idea is to have a team a bit lacking on the combat side, so as to make things more interesting, and where getting shot at might be a bit scarrier than normal.

Grey: I work deckers like the core books. I dont tend to deviate from them much, unless there is some house rule you like.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Feb 10 2004, 05:38 AM
Post #23

Neophyte Runner

Gonna be working with Grey possibly on character colaboration, build a mobile command post for the team... if anyone has anything they'd like to see my try and get in it, send word here and I'll see about fitting it in...

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Feb 10 2004, 06:14 AM
Post #24

Running Target

Get a humungous VW-Kombi. Make it a mobile drone launcher, APC, decking base, and medical clinic. With a light naval mortar. And a shamanic lodge and permanent hermetic circle. Oh, and give it the ability to transform into a humanoid robot with a laser sword on command.

On a more serious note, you might want to give it some signal amps or whatever that give you the power to increase device flux ratings beyond the usual vehicle body limit. And if you could make th mobile command center a hovercraft, that would be sweet, because we could go on water with it. I could turn the whole thing invisible with improved invisibility, but doing that on a road would be a very bad idea. Oh, and bearclaw, perhaps you misunderstood me. When I said gunner, what I really meant was human shield. :grinbig:

So, let's get this game started. Try and get your characters ready by wednesday morning. At the rate we are going, it would take us weeks to finish 4 turns of combat.

+Quote Post
phelious fogg
post Feb 10 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Wow, Panzer's doing my job again.. I thought I was supposed to be getting on everyone to get thier characters in.... :-)

+Quote Post

16 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.