Reply to this topicStart new topic
> biggest payout, runner millionairs
Daylen
post Feb 1 2010, 12:23 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,952

whats the biggest payout per char for a single run?

1.75M nY for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Feb 1 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #2

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

3 mill. Each.

It was a high powered campaign, during the corp war, as lead troops to sieze the Fuchi Delta Clinic for Novatech.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Feb 1 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

I think similar ballpark here. Last time I had such a haul in any game was over 10 years ago but it was around that mark. Back in wee SR2 days some guy became a high ranking Yakuza with some sort of unofficial standing within MCT and as such, had near unlimited resources at his disposal. Mind you, I think I was 16 at the time I was running these sessions... (And it was his retirement run).

- J.

+Quote Post
Mikado
post Feb 1 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,286

QUOTE (Daylen @ Jan 31 2010, 07:23 PM) *
whats the biggest payout per char for a single run?

1.75M nY for me.

My group finished the old Dunkelzahn's Will run where the group goes to the metaplanes to retrieve a gem of some form... Was "asked" by Lofwyr to hand it over to him instead of Hestaby (well, as our game went. not sure if that’s how the run really goes.) we where offered basically anything... 100mil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) or more, delta cyber... basically it was the end of the campaign and starting new characters

+Quote Post
CanadianWolverin...
post Feb 1 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,309

Darn it, I was worried it might be a OP with only a number. Pretty please, with sugar on top, if we brag about our fictional big score, may it be with a story (like other posters already did) of how your / team attained such spectacular wealth, then we can all get into discussions on how your GM is either too generous or how such a run should have netted yet more treasure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

For the record, my character pretty died on its first (and last) run to a sniper but someone revived him anyways and even let me have my cut, so IIRC, my record so far is a earth shattering 10, 000 Y which I should count myself lucky it wasn't 0 Y (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) It was a (railroad) job to hijack a docked boat on short notice from a little used dock of one no name corp and deliver it to some other no name corp without tampering with its cargo. Somehow the place didn't have the time for a timely pick up of their cargo but had plenty of time to put into place 4 hidden snipers other than the usual rent-a-cop corp sec walking sentry in the middle of the night. Well, I should probably stop there in describing my only SR gaming session so far before I show the chip on my shoulder too much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
toturi
post Feb 1 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #6

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (Mikado @ Feb 1 2010, 08:44 AM) *
My group finished the old Dunkelzahn's Will run where the group goes to the metaplanes to retrieve a gem of some form... Was "asked" by Lofwyr to hand it over to him instead of Hestaby (well, as our game went. not sure if that’s how the run really goes.) we where offered basically anything... 100mil (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) or more, delta cyber... basically it was the end of the campaign and starting new characters

That's probably from SOTF.

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Feb 1 2010, 01:51 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

Holy... that... that are big numbers. I can't remember clearly but i think highest for me was about 80.000+ a rating 5 muscle toner system/treatment (experimental and highly efficient... you see the 5?) + loot and paydata.

But i think we (as a group) stole more sometimes then we were paid *g*. And then you just have to murder your people to get it all *g*.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Feb 1 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

why get rid of the other pc's? why not just be the face, be the only one at the pay meet, toss the other players just enough to get by and not have to worry about finding new runners to team with?

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Feb 1 2010, 02:36 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,237

2.5 kilos of orichalcum. gm didnt realize what he did.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Feb 1 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #10

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

1,000,000 Nuyen in Resources and A Permanent Luxury Lifestyle (on a small intercoastal Island) - It was a retirement Run from SR2 (the character retired with 387 Karma)...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Rystefn
post Feb 1 2010, 03:35 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,067

5 mil. Minus 115,575:nuyen: for expenses, divided by eight runners gave us 610,553.125:nuyen: each. Not bad for two weeks of work. It was a pretty intensive run, with metric assloads of planning and prep, including the purchase of more than one custom vehicle just for the run, and hacking the NYC subway system to divert several trains.

What was the run, you ask? Stealing an original Apollo 11 spacesuit. Yeah, it was a top-end run. 350-400 Karma runners in a game that had been running at that point for just shy of four years. Highlight of the run: Rocket-assisted motorcycle modded to run on subway rails racing a train head-on to the tunnel exit (yeah, the hacker missed one).

Second place: 4 mil. After expenses, payout came to 388,000¥ per person plus Form Fitting Body Armor Shirt, Survival Knife, 100m Microwire, Rappelling Gloves, Novatech Airware Commlink, Iris Orb OS, Trodes, Analyse 3, Encrypt 3, Liguasoft Speretheil 5, Linguasoft Gailic 5, Mapsoft Belfast 6, Mapsoft Tir Na nOg 6, Street Clothes, Armored Clothing in the form of a winter Long Coat (Insulation 6), Survival Kit, Medkit 6, Glasses w/ Low Light, Flare, and Image Link, Poket Binoculars with Vision Mag, Sleeping Bag, and a Dawnglider. The run was to rescue a high-up in Evo that had been vacationing in Tír na nÓg when militant human separatists launched a terrorist attack and was caught up in a sweep. Highlight: HALO drooping into the Tir in kilts, blasting Queen while dropping smoke/gas grenades filled with eX and Zen.

+Quote Post
Maelstrome
post Feb 1 2010, 05:39 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,237

might i add i got the orichalcum in the middle towards the beginning of the campaign.XP

+Quote Post
Smokeskin
post Feb 1 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,995

Why were your characters paid that much? It seems totally out of line. Isn't it reasonable to assume that they'd do it for less? Is so, why weren't they offered less? If they really didn't want to do it for less, weren't there other people with similar capabilities that could be hired for less?

Just about the only reason I can see to pay someone that much would be if they stole something valuable and you had to give them an incentive to actually hand it in rather than resell it themselves.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Feb 1 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #14

Canon Companion

QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Feb 1 2010, 08:58 PM) *
Why were your characters paid that much? It seems totally out of line. Isn't it reasonable to assume that they'd do it for less? Is so, why weren't they offered less? If they really didn't want to do it for less, weren't there other people with similar capabilities that could be hired for less?

Just about the only reason I can see to pay someone that much would be if they stole something valuable and you had to give them an incentive to actually hand it in rather than resell it themselves.

Evidently not.

+Quote Post
Smokeskin
post Feb 1 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (toturi @ Feb 1 2010, 02:36 PM) *
Evidently not.

I was actually hoping to hear what unique capabilities warranted such high pay, rather than a snide remark.

+Quote Post
toturi
post Feb 1 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #16

Canon Companion

QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Feb 1 2010, 10:08 PM) *
I was actually hoping to hear what unique capabilities warranted such high pay, rather than a snide remark.

What makes you think it needs be unique capabilities? Why can't the characters get such high pay without such?

I was questioning your preconceptions. I was hoping that you could see that such high pay could be par for the course.

+Quote Post
Smokeskin
post Feb 1 2010, 02:44 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (toturi @ Feb 1 2010, 03:16 PM) *
What makes you think it needs be unique capabilities? Why can't the characters get such high pay without such?

I was questioning your preconceptions. I was hoping that you could see that such high pay could be par for the course.

I like to have people behave at least somewhat realisticly. This means that people who have millions to spend on getting a job done, will generally be savvy enough to not waste millions overpaying runners unless there's a very good reason for it.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Feb 1 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #18

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Feb 1 2010, 02:08 PM) *

In my example it was the culmination ofa series of runs that helped Novatech emerge as a winne rin the corp war. To a great degree they were company men for Villiers doing a lot of serious runs and making tons of money, which was mostly converted into Fuchi produced cyberware. So their special skill, known loyalty and reliability.

+Quote Post
Doc Byte
post Feb 1 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,168

QUOTE (Maelstrome @ Feb 1 2010, 03:36 AM) *
2.5 kilos of orichalcum. gm didnt realize what he did.

I was running a little online game. We rescued a runner who stole several tons of orichalcum ore somewhere in Siberia. Got 750k out of it and spent 600k on upgrading from middle lifestyle to high (sold the old one for 400k) and moving from Hawai'i to New Monaco.

2. place: 135k
3. place: 4x 100k
4. place: 2x 80k

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Feb 1 2010, 05:04 PM
Post #20

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Feb 1 2010, 09:08 AM) *

perhaps you should look at the charts that indicate typical levels of ability then.

look at the kinds of people who have a skill of 6. most are quite literally the kinds of people who make millions every year. legitimately. without getting shot at or risking life imprisonment.

people with a skill of 7 have as examples people who are basically the best of the best. you're talking about people who are (or should be) legends (in fact, the descriptor for the category is "legendary").

i would be surprised if the average PC runner team didn't have at least one person with a skill of 6 or 7. even a skill of 5 is likely enough for someone to make a million a year in some of the areas.

runners who have a 6 or a 7 in the skill are legitimately not going to be cheap to hire.

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post Feb 1 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #21

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Feb 1 2010, 05:23 PM) *
I was running a little online game. We rescued a runner who stole several tons of orichalcum ore somewhere in Siberia. Got 750k out of it and spent 600k on upgrading from middle lifestyle to high (sold the old one for 400k) and moving from Hawai'i to New Monaco.

2. place: 135k
3. place: 4x 100k
4. place: 2x 80k

Wait...someone stole TONS of orichalkum? The same orichalkum where about 10 gram is a unit sold for about a hundred thousand? (Ah i see, now a unit costs 50.000). But even so... TONS of orichalcum makes you a superpower in money. (And also you could buid something like those Theran-Magic-Batteries with such amount, or not?) I mean hell even in its raw form it probably magnets all kinds of weird and/or horrible people and "things from beyond" to you, or?

Phew... Well, my group just earned 100k+XXk (for all 4,5 people together) for their FIRST BIG RUN (If they don't make any mistakes now). If they keep doing good i reckon they may one day get a job where they will be offered a million flat. I could even think about something where they may get some stuff and equipment and such extra. But paying five million or more for a team for ONE job.. it better is like the work of god himself.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Feb 1 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #22

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

Our groups currently working on that other biggy in Big D's will as we'll be crashing Deus.

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Feb 1 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,749

1,5 billions. It was intended to be a retirement-run, but it didn´t prevent me from buying a rolly-royce phaeton with chaufeur and nearly all the clubs we are using for run-meetings.^^

+Quote Post
Doc Byte
post Feb 1 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,168

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Feb 1 2010, 07:12 PM) *
Wait...someone stole TONS of orichalkum?

No, not refined orichalcum just raw ore.

+Quote Post
Mordinvan
post Feb 1 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #25

Running Target

Member No.: 15,912

QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Feb 1 2010, 07:08 AM) *

Could be looking at something along the lines of cost vs probability of success.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.