Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IRC Games, Looking
CrimsonBaron
post Feb 12 2004, 04:31 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,056

I am looking for some Online games to join, I need some SR real bad. If you have a group that is taking new members please message me at bluewave131@ yahoo .com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 12 2004, 04:36 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

if you're okay with using a posting system instead of chat games, check out shadowland.

+Quote Post
Wu Jen
post Feb 12 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,055

Does that site even work? I've tried to use it and all I've gotten were error messages. I figured it was dreked.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Feb 12 2004, 07:11 PM
Post #4

Guests

Really? I can't remember the last time it's been as stable as it is.

You did create an account first, right?

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 13 2004, 02:13 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

indeed. i log on 2-3 times a day, most days. it works. if you use a pop-up blocker, you'll need to disable it (sl uses a java browser for navigation, posting, and just about everything else).

+Quote Post
Bölverk
post Feb 13 2004, 04:00 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 4,453

It doesn't help that the links for "Guide to SL6" (which is where most newbies, including myself, would probably click first) and "Beyond the 'Land" are both broken... the rest of the site may work just great, but having those two broken gives a bad impression to the newcomer.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post Feb 13 2004, 04:21 AM
Post #7

Guests

Thta's weird. I have Firebird's popup blocker on and access SL without a problem.

As for the links, well the site has been without a major admin for a while. But the Java works, and that's the only thing that's important. And all newbie info inside the site is still up.

+Quote Post
Hero
post Feb 13 2004, 06:22 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,996

MSN Tool bar has a pop-up blocker that allows pop-ups from certain sites to get through. So if you are having trouble with your pop-up blocker, you should look into the MSN Tool bar. Been using mine for a month now and its done a good job so far.

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Feb 14 2004, 01:04 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

irc.dumpshock.com

mill about on #shadowrun for a while, and eventually someone will suggest starting a game.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Feb 14 2004, 01:19 AM
Post #10

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

What IRC programs do you recommend, or is web-based sufficient?

:newbie:

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Feb 14 2004, 02:51 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 4,323

I use mIRC, but it requires registration after 30 days of use, which is a one-time payment of $20. There exist ways to get around having to do this, but I won't mention/condone them. XChat is free and reasonably functional, but I, personally, havent been able to find a dice roller for it. Other than that, Trillian has an irc client which is pretty with its transparency settings, but I'm not sure how it fares in terms of functionality because I've never really used it.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 14 2004, 03:39 AM
Post #12

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

If you're ok with using AIM instead of IRC (and doing a little play-by-post during the time between meets) Shadows of the Sixth World is always recruiting, though at some point I actually need to track down a backup GM to help out...

~J

+Quote Post
DV8
post Feb 14 2004, 05:09 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
What IRC programs do you recommend, or is web-based sufficient?

The web-based IRC client dumpshock.com provides is one of the more comprehensive and intuitive ones out there. It'll suffice. Start out with that and mIRC that Jason recommended to compare. :)

+Quote Post
mmu1
post Feb 14 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 6,058

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
If you're ok with using AIM instead of IRC (and doing a little play-by-post during the time between meets) Shadows of the Sixth World is always recruiting, though at some point I actually need to track down a backup GM to help out...

~J

Recruiting, huh? How would one go about getting involved in one of your games? (and what time zone do you play in?)

BTW, are you guys the proud owners of that transcript in which a mage spent half a session running away with an unconscious girl over his shoulder, failing miserably at just about everything? ;)

+Quote Post
CirclMastr
post Feb 14 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,929

We're very proud. You'll notice that there's no more Yves on the board. *cracks knuckles*

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 15 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #16

Manus Celer Dei

QUOTE (mmu1)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 13 2004, 10:39 PM)

~J

Recruiting, huh? How would one go about getting involved in one of your games? (and what time zone do you play in?)

BTW, are you guys the proud owners of that transcript in which a mage spent half a session running away with an unconscious girl over his shoulder, failing miserably at just about everything? ;)

We typically play at 9:00 PM EST (GMT -5), though that's more of a tradition than a hard rule. We can adapt to a certain degree as needed, based on the schedules of the people involved in the specific runs at hand; I personally have a lot of flex in my schedule every day but Mondays and Wednesdays. To join, just register on the boards and send an email to admin@sotsw.net; I'll create a hidden forum for you to post a character and other information known only to you in, and set up your access to the boards.

And yes, we are the proud originators of that transcript :D :grinbig: :D

~J

+Quote Post
k1tsune
post Feb 15 2004, 05:27 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,740

I'm proud, and also interested in assistant-GM'ing... When Kitsune's not involved, of course.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 15 2004, 05:37 PM
Post #18

Manus Celer Dei

Sounds good; consider yourself hired.

~J

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.