Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IRC Games
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CrimsonBaron
I am looking for some Online games to join, I need some SR real bad. If you have a group that is taking new members please message me at bluewave131@ yahoo .com
mfb
if you're okay with using a posting system instead of chat games, check out shadowland.
Wu Jen
Does that site even work? I've tried to use it and all I've gotten were error messages. I figured it was dreked.
Crimsondude 2.0
Really? I can't remember the last time it's been as stable as it is.

You did create an account first, right?
mfb
indeed. i log on 2-3 times a day, most days. it works. if you use a pop-up blocker, you'll need to disable it (sl uses a java browser for navigation, posting, and just about everything else).
Bölverk
It doesn't help that the links for "Guide to SL6" (which is where most newbies, including myself, would probably click first) and "Beyond the 'Land" are both broken... the rest of the site may work just great, but having those two broken gives a bad impression to the newcomer.
Crimsondude 2.0
Thta's weird. I have Firebird's popup blocker on and access SL without a problem.

As for the links, well the site has been without a major admin for a while. But the Java works, and that's the only thing that's important. And all newbie info inside the site is still up.
Hero
MSN Tool bar has a pop-up blocker that allows pop-ups from certain sites to get through. So if you are having trouble with your pop-up blocker, you should look into the MSN Tool bar. Been using mine for a month now and its done a good job so far.
Large Mike

irc.dumpshock.com

mill about on #shadowrun for a while, and eventually someone will suggest starting a game.
Kanada Ten
What IRC programs do you recommend, or is web-based sufficient?

newbie.gif
Jason Farlander
I use mIRC, but it requires registration after 30 days of use, which is a one-time payment of $20. There exist ways to get around having to do this, but I won't mention/condone them. XChat is free and reasonably functional, but I, personally, havent been able to find a dice roller for it. Other than that, Trillian has an irc client which is pretty with its transparency settings, but I'm not sure how it fares in terms of functionality because I've never really used it.
Kagetenshi
If you're ok with using AIM instead of IRC (and doing a little play-by-post during the time between meets) Shadows of the Sixth World is always recruiting, though at some point I actually need to track down a backup GM to help out...

~J
DV8
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
What IRC programs do you recommend, or is web-based sufficient?

The web-based IRC client dumpshock.com provides is one of the more comprehensive and intuitive ones out there. It'll suffice. Start out with that and mIRC that Jason recommended to compare. smile.gif
mmu1
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
If you're ok with using AIM instead of IRC (and doing a little play-by-post during the time between meets) Shadows of the Sixth World is always recruiting, though at some point I actually need to track down a backup GM to help out...

~J

Recruiting, huh? How would one go about getting involved in one of your games? (and what time zone do you play in?)

BTW, are you guys the proud owners of that transcript in which a mage spent half a session running away with an unconscious girl over his shoulder, failing miserably at just about everything? wink.gif
CirclMastr
We're very proud. You'll notice that there's no more Yves on the board. *cracks knuckles*
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (mmu1)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 13 2004, 10:39 PM)

~J

Recruiting, huh? How would one go about getting involved in one of your games? (and what time zone do you play in?)

BTW, are you guys the proud owners of that transcript in which a mage spent half a session running away with an unconscious girl over his shoulder, failing miserably at just about everything? wink.gif

We typically play at 9:00 PM EST (GMT -5), though that's more of a tradition than a hard rule. We can adapt to a certain degree as needed, based on the schedules of the people involved in the specific runs at hand; I personally have a lot of flex in my schedule every day but Mondays and Wednesdays. To join, just register on the boards and send an email to admin@sotsw.net; I'll create a hidden forum for you to post a character and other information known only to you in, and set up your access to the boards.

And yes, we are the proud originators of that transcript biggrin.gif grinbig.gif biggrin.gif

~J
k1tsune
I'm proud, and also interested in assistant-GM'ing... When Kitsune's not involved, of course.
Kagetenshi
Sounds good; consider yourself hired.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012