IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancer CF's/Living Persona limited to Response?, ...like comlinks?
lunavoco
post Mar 17 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,241

I was surfing around the net and found a FAQ about SR4. I skipped to the technomancer section (naturally) and one of the entries seemed to say that technomancer CFs and Living Persona attributes aren't limited (ie capped) by response, unlike a hacker's.

Is this true?
Can anyone cite a page for this?

Unfortunately, I lost the FAQ. It wasn't on an official SR site and could have been home produced, though it did look pretty decent.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rumanchu
post Mar 17 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,179

QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 17 2010, 05:49 AM) *
I was surfing around the net and found a FAQ about SR4. I skipped to the technomancer section (naturally) and one of the entries seemed to say that technomancer CFs and Living Persona attributes aren't limited (ie capped) by response, unlike a hacker's.

Is this true?
Can anyone cite a page for this?

Unfortunately, I lost the FAQ. It wasn't on an official SR site and could have been home produced, though it did look pretty decent.

SR4A, p.239: "None of the attributes of this persona may exceed a technomancer’s Resonance rating (so a technomancer with Resonance 3 and Willpower 5 has a living persona Firewall of 3, not 5)." There is nothing in the section on the Living Persona that mentions any other limit than Resonance.

EDIT (to add FAQ entry):

Do a technomancer's System (i.e. Logic) and Response (i.e. Intuition, +1 in full VR) limit each other and his complex forms like a commlink's System and Response do?

No, it's all brain-based for technomancers.

+Quote Post
lunavoco
post Mar 17 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,241

Many blessings upon you, Rumanchu-sama.

+Quote Post
Pat
post Mar 18 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 18,149

QUOTE (rumanchu @ Mar 17 2010, 12:00 PM) *
SR4A, p.239: "None of the attributes of this persona may exceed a technomancer’s Resonance rating (so a technomancer with Resonance 3 and Willpower 5 has a living persona Firewall of 3, not 5)." There is nothing in the section on the Living Persona that mentions any other limit than Resonance.

EDIT (to add FAQ entry):

Do a technomancer's System (i.e. Logic) and Response (i.e. Intuition, +1 in full VR) limit each other and his complex forms like a commlink's System and Response do?

No, it's all brain-based for technomancers.

Out of curiosity, is that limited to resonance or limited to resonance + submersion level?

+Quote Post
Neowulf
post Mar 18 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,773

Resonance. Submersion ups your resonance cap which in turn ups persona limits, but by itself submersion doesn't increase persona caps.

+Quote Post
Valashar
post Mar 18 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 18,283

QUOTE (Pat @ Mar 18 2010, 06:16 AM) *
Out of curiosity, is that limited to resonance or limited to resonance + submersion level?

It's limited to Resonance alone. Submerging increases the maximum rating for the Resonance stat, but you still have to spend the points to actually raise it. Once it's raised, all of your Resonance-limited complex forms can then be raised to the same limit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:48 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.