Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer CF's/Living Persona limited to Response?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
lunavoco
I was surfing around the net and found a FAQ about SR4. I skipped to the technomancer section (naturally) and one of the entries seemed to say that technomancer CFs and Living Persona attributes aren't limited (ie capped) by response, unlike a hacker's.

Is this true?
Can anyone cite a page for this?

Unfortunately, I lost the FAQ. It wasn't on an official SR site and could have been home produced, though it did look pretty decent.
rumanchu
QUOTE (lunavoco @ Mar 17 2010, 05:49 AM) *
I was surfing around the net and found a FAQ about SR4. I skipped to the technomancer section (naturally) and one of the entries seemed to say that technomancer CFs and Living Persona attributes aren't limited (ie capped) by response, unlike a hacker's.

Is this true?
Can anyone cite a page for this?

Unfortunately, I lost the FAQ. It wasn't on an official SR site and could have been home produced, though it did look pretty decent.

SR4A, p.239: "None of the attributes of this persona may exceed a technomancer’s Resonance rating (so a technomancer with Resonance 3 and Willpower 5 has a living persona Firewall of 3, not 5)." There is nothing in the section on the Living Persona that mentions any other limit than Resonance.

EDIT (to add FAQ entry):

Do a technomancer's System (i.e. Logic) and Response (i.e. Intuition, +1 in full VR) limit each other and his complex forms like a commlink's System and Response do?

No, it's all brain-based for technomancers.
lunavoco
Many blessings upon you, Rumanchu-sama.
Pat
QUOTE (rumanchu @ Mar 17 2010, 12:00 PM) *
SR4A, p.239: "None of the attributes of this persona may exceed a technomancer’s Resonance rating (so a technomancer with Resonance 3 and Willpower 5 has a living persona Firewall of 3, not 5)." There is nothing in the section on the Living Persona that mentions any other limit than Resonance.

EDIT (to add FAQ entry):

Do a technomancer's System (i.e. Logic) and Response (i.e. Intuition, +1 in full VR) limit each other and his complex forms like a commlink's System and Response do?

No, it's all brain-based for technomancers.

Out of curiosity, is that limited to resonance or limited to resonance + submersion level?
Neowulf
Resonance. Submersion ups your resonance cap which in turn ups persona limits, but by itself submersion doesn't increase persona caps.
Valashar
QUOTE (Pat @ Mar 18 2010, 06:16 AM) *
Out of curiosity, is that limited to resonance or limited to resonance + submersion level?

It's limited to Resonance alone. Submerging increases the maximum rating for the Resonance stat, but you still have to spend the points to actually raise it. Once it's raised, all of your Resonance-limited complex forms can then be raised to the same limit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012