Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OMG 1sr edition PDF
tete
post Mar 25 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,139

WOW I didn't know that ever came out but I was over on drivethru to pick up my street sam and fields of fire and low and behold they have a 1e core book! If they keep releasing the old stuff they might end up with a couple grand from me alone!
I NEED the 2e Core and Rigger 3 Revised Guys!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MJBurrage
post Mar 25 2010, 04:12 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 11,507

I would expect that Rigger 3 Revised is the most desired PDF still unavailable for out of print sourcebooks. I know that I would buy a copy as soon as it became available.

+Quote Post
Caadium
post Mar 25 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,646

QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Mar 24 2010, 09:12 PM) *
I would expect that Rigger 3 Revised is the most desired PDF still unavailable for out of print sourcebooks. I know that I would buy a copy as soon as it became available.

Given the breaks I've taken from the game please help me out here. Why would Rigger 3 Revised be so desirable?

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Mar 25 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 16,449

QUOTE (Caadium @ Mar 24 2010, 11:50 PM) *
Given the breaks I've taken from the game please help me out here. Why would Rigger 3 Revised be so desirable?

IMO, mostly because there is not a Rigger4 yet. The vehicle/drone build rules don't exist for SR4 at this time, only modification. Having R3R would let you make your own 4e rules, plus, more vehicles and drones.

+Quote Post
Caadium
post Mar 25 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Ahh. The systems are so different between SR3 and SR4 that I don't know that I'd want to try to create my own versions of those complex rules that didn't really work IMO.

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Mar 25 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

That could be, I'm not personally very familiar with SR3. But, I have spent quite a bit of time wishing I had rules to build my own drones/vehicles. Having a place to start would be nice, even if the rules were convoluted and difficult, I would at least have reference of what is necessary for success and could use the SR3 to SR4 PC conversion document for making the necessary adjustments. It might be a lot of work, but I'd still enjoy the process.

+Quote Post
Caadium
post Mar 25 2010, 06:19 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Tachi @ Mar 24 2010, 11:15 PM) *
That could be, I'm not personally very familiar with SR3. But, I have spent quite a bit of time wishing I had rules to build my own drones/vehicles. Having a place to start would be nice, even if the rules were convoluted and difficult, I would at least have reference of what is necessary for success and could use the SR3 to SR4 PC conversion document for making the necessary adjustments. It might be a lot of work, but I'd still enjoy the process.

Gotcha. Well, you can't have the hardcopy off of my bookshelf. Sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Mar 25 2010, 06:20 AM
Post #8

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (Tachi @ Mar 25 2010, 01:00 AM) *
IMO, mostly because there is not a Rigger4 yet.

Wouldn't Rigger4 herald the end of 4th Edition SR?

+Quote Post
Dread Moores
post Mar 25 2010, 06:22 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,303

QUOTE (Tachi @ Mar 25 2010, 02:00 AM) *
IMO, mostly because there is not a Rigger4 yet. The vehicle/drone build rules don't exist for SR4 at this time, only modification. Having R3R would let you make your own 4e rules, plus, more vehicles and drones.

Honestly, this is something I actually prefer. I always found Rigger 3, well, slightly broken.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Mar 25 2010, 06:22 AM
Post #10

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

my understanding is that there are no plans for any kind of design rules, period.

both the weapon design and vehicle design rules in previous editions had issues with creating high powered gear for less then what the pre-existing gear would cost. Or they would basically result in gear that made no sense what so ever (supersonic van, anyone?).

+Quote Post
Professor Evil O...
post Mar 25 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,103

QUOTE (Caadium @ Mar 24 2010, 09:50 PM) *

Because Rigger 3 (unrevised) was so full of errors that they literally printed a different edition of the book to fix it. The errata file for Rigger 3 was around twenty pages long. And was absolutely necessary to use the book. Most of the modification rules were completely changed by the errata. The revised version included all of the errata right in the main text, so no need to mark up your copy of the book (something that's hard to do to a PDF). For people who still use SR3 it's pretty much essential for a vehicle or drone heavy game.

+Quote Post
Brol_The_Mighty
post Mar 25 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,579

After reading this thread, I had to look back into my collection of the PDF's, and sure enough, I've got the 3e Rigger book, titled revised. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Professor Evil O...
post Mar 25 2010, 06:33 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,103

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 24 2010, 10:22 PM) *
both the weapon design and vehicle design rules in previous editions had issues with creating high powered gear for less then what the pre-existing gear would cost. Or they would basically result in gear that made no sense what so ever (supersonic van, anyone?).

I completely agree. It was a clunky system that just didn't work. And since there were no weapon modification rules you basically had to design a new weapon even if you just wanted to modify an existing one. Even if game balance wasn't an issue, the current modification rules are quicker, easier, produce reasonably priced equipment, and can just as easily be called design rules. The SR4 modification rules are enough of an improvement I've even used them in SR3 games.

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Mar 25 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Mar 25 2010, 12:20 AM) *
Wouldn't Rigger4 herald the end of 4th Edition SR?

Only if you're superstitious, I'm not.
QUOTE (Caadium @ Mar 25 2010, 12:19 AM) *
Gotcha. Well, you can't have the hardcopy off of my bookshelf. Sorry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

But, but, but... pwease? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)
QUOTE (Dread Moores @ Mar 25 2010, 12:22 AM) *
Honestly, this is something I actually prefer. I always found Rigger 3, well, slightly broken.

Like I said, I wouldn't know. I was just hoping for a starting point.
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 25 2010, 12:22 AM) *
my understanding is that there are no plans for any kind of design rules, period.

I guess I'll just have to deal, and start making shit up then.
QUOTE (hobgoblin)

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. GM discretion can go a loooooong way in such situations, it just requires the GM to have enough spine to say NO. But yeah, I see your point.

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Mar 25 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (Brol_The_Mighty @ Mar 25 2010, 12:32 AM) *
After reading this thread, I had to look back into my collection of the PDF's, and sure enough, I've got the 3e Rigger book, titled revised. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

How does one tell the difference between R3 and R3R. Does it actually have "Revised" on the cover or in the credits?

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Mar 25 2010, 07:17 AM
Post #16

panda!

the revised version was printed by fanpro, not fasa.

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Mar 25 2010, 07:25 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Well, I just dug through some PDFs I inherited from a friend yesterday when he "officially retired" from RPGs, and I think the one I have is R3 then. Yep, FASA SKU 7910. Unfortunate. Oh well, I guess I can still use it, somehow, to write my own. Until now I never realized how big his PDF library actually was. 112 PDFs with only a few duplicates. Damn.

+Quote Post
MYST1C
post Mar 25 2010, 07:25 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

From: Braunschweig, North German League, Allied German States
Member No.: 5,537

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 25 2010, 07:22 AM) *
both the weapon design and vehicle design rules in previous editions had issues with creating high powered gear for less then what the pre-existing gear would cost.

I once created, just as a thought-experiment, a burst-capable bullpup hunting rifle with shortened barrel and 40 rounds magazine. It lacked full-auto but owned any assault rifle concerning damage, range and weight - and it had the concealability of an SMG...

+Quote Post
Brol_The_Mighty
post Mar 25 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,579

Well crap, the one I've got has been published by FASA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Mar 25 2010, 08:07 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

I feel your pain.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Mar 25 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #21

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

Isn't Arsenal basically supposed to be the rigger book for 4th ed?

+Quote Post
Tachi
post Mar 25 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Could be, though I thought it was supposed to be just gear and such.

I'd still like to see a Smuggler's Havens/vehicles kind of book though.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Mar 25 2010, 09:45 AM
Post #23

panda!

well, arsenal do have modification rules for both vehicles and weapons.

grab any of the vehicles from arsenal or SR4 and then apply the modification rules to get something that fits better for your needs. Heck, one should note that arsenal list alternate names for each vehicle, so think of them more like examples of classes of vehicles more then single vehicles.

also, was there not a hint dropped about a pdf of vehicles being in the works (if CGL gets rolling again)?

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Mar 25 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #24

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

My FLGs still has a 1st or maybe 2nd ed rule book mint on its shelves £15.99 iirc.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Mar 25 2010, 10:13 AM
Post #25

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 25 2010, 10:45 AM) *
also, was there not a hint dropped about a pdf of vehicles being in the works (if CGL gets rolling again)?

30 Rides – it's most likely one of the interim PDF-only products.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.