Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ultraviolet Hosts, Who's Got 'Em?
kjones
post Apr 7 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,163

I welcome facts and baseless speculation alike. I remember seeing a sidebar about this somewhere, but that was only a couple. Deus had one in the SCIRE. Who else?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Apr 7 2010, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

QUOTE (kjones @ Apr 7 2010, 05:29 AM) *
I welcome facts and baseless speculation alike. I remember seeing a sidebar about this somewhere, but that was only a couple. Deus had one in the SCIRE. Who else?

Ares has one for their Firewatch training program.

+Quote Post
Valashar
post Apr 7 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,283

It is speculated that The Nexus in Denver has become a UV host over the years. Also, Renraku has extensive experience in putting that kind of system together. So I would expect that their primary system hub in Neo-Tokyo (where they are described as coordinating all of the RFID and security tag data for the entire 'plex) would be a strong UV host. The same for the Corporate Court's groundside nexus in Manhattan. If that system isn't UV, then they're doing something wrong.

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Apr 7 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #4

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

I've heard of one in Antarctica...but that one has been online for pushing over a decade so it may have been upgraded.

The East Coast Stock Exchange went UV for awhile when Deus did his thing in System Failure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:31 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.