IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grip Feet confusion, How much capacity/essence?
RedFish
post Apr 12 2010, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,437

Hydraulic Jacks in the corebook specificially state that they come in pairs and take up 6 capacity in each cyber leg.

Grip Feet from Augmented on the other hand leave me a tad confused. It says they take up 2 capacity or 0.3 essence and cost 6000. So far so good, but is that per foot or in total?

The name leads me to believe that it's in total (feet being plural and all), not to mention the cost (in both essence and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) ) would seem a tad steep if paying per foot.

How do/would people play this? Do they charge 1 capacity for each foot etc.?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Apr 12 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #2

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

I would do the latter.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Apr 12 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #3

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

While you're at it, I guess Flex Hands and Retractable Climbing Claws are in the same boat.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 12 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

QUOTE (RedFish @ Apr 12 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Hydraulic Jacks in the corebook specificially state that they come in pairs and take up 6 capacity in each cyber leg.

Grip Feet from Augmented on the other hand leave me a tad confused. It says they take up 2 capacity or 0.3 essence and cost 6000. So far so good, but is that per foot or in total?

The name leads me to believe that it's in total (feet being plural and all), not to mention the cost (in both essence and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) ) would seem a tad steep if paying per foot.

How do/would people play this? Do they charge 1 capacity for each foot etc.?

Thanks in advance.

The answer is within your own post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Apr 12 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #5

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

What if you have one cyberfoot? Ess .15, Cap 1, and 6000¥?

Ha, SpellBinder, that's the longest 'Yes' ever.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Apr 12 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

A cyberhand/foot (individual) costs 0.25 essence each. Based on the description of Grip Feet, I'd rule that the 0.3 essence cost is for the pair. Conversely, as a cyberhand/foot has a capacity of 4 I'd rule that the 2 capacity cost for Grip Feet is per foot. My understanding is that the Grip Feet implant is modifying only the front half of the foot so your toes can extend from within your foot to be able to grip and hold onto things. Same would be for Foot Anchors and Retractable Climbing Claws; essence & nuyen costs are for the pair, capacity cost is per limb.

Flex Hands have an essence cost of 0.3; their description explicitly states incompatibility with cyberhands or bone lacing. But as the first sentence says the bones of the hands (keyword, plural) are replaced, I'd say costs are for the pair.

If one hand/foot/leg is cybernetic, then cut the essence cost accordingly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.