Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grip Feet confusion
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RedFish
Hydraulic Jacks in the corebook specificially state that they come in pairs and take up 6 capacity in each cyber leg.

Grip Feet from Augmented on the other hand leave me a tad confused. It says they take up 2 capacity or 0.3 essence and cost 6000. So far so good, but is that per foot or in total?

The name leads me to believe that it's in total (feet being plural and all), not to mention the cost (in both essence and nuyen.gif) would seem a tad steep if paying per foot.

How do/would people play this? Do they charge 1 capacity for each foot etc.?

Thanks in advance.
Dumori
I would do the latter.
Yerameyahu
While you're at it, I guess Flex Hands and Retractable Climbing Claws are in the same boat.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (RedFish @ Apr 12 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Hydraulic Jacks in the corebook specificially state that they come in pairs and take up 6 capacity in each cyber leg.

Grip Feet from Augmented on the other hand leave me a tad confused. It says they take up 2 capacity or 0.3 essence and cost 6000. So far so good, but is that per foot or in total?

The name leads me to believe that it's in total (feet being plural and all), not to mention the cost (in both essence and nuyen.gif) would seem a tad steep if paying per foot.

How do/would people play this? Do they charge 1 capacity for each foot etc.?

Thanks in advance.

The answer is within your own post. smile.gif
Yerameyahu
What if you have one cyberfoot? Ess .15, Cap 1, and 6000¥?

Ha, SpellBinder, that's the longest 'Yes' ever.
SpellBinder
A cyberhand/foot (individual) costs 0.25 essence each. Based on the description of Grip Feet, I'd rule that the 0.3 essence cost is for the pair. Conversely, as a cyberhand/foot has a capacity of 4 I'd rule that the 2 capacity cost for Grip Feet is per foot. My understanding is that the Grip Feet implant is modifying only the front half of the foot so your toes can extend from within your foot to be able to grip and hold onto things. Same would be for Foot Anchors and Retractable Climbing Claws; essence & nuyen costs are for the pair, capacity cost is per limb.

Flex Hands have an essence cost of 0.3; their description explicitly states incompatibility with cyberhands or bone lacing. But as the first sentence says the bones of the hands (keyword, plural) are replaced, I'd say costs are for the pair.

If one hand/foot/leg is cybernetic, then cut the essence cost accordingly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012