IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A year's worth of talon clippings?, Big D's weird will revisited.
Daddy's Litt...
post Apr 30 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,668

I was looking back at the Portfolio of a dragon and thought of something. He had an entry of a year's worth of talon clippings for the chief voodoo priest in the Carib' League since there was no such post we all assume he was trying to stuir things up there making someone earn the prize right?
but
1) What do you do with them? He's dead so there's nothing for a sympathetic link to.
2) Are there any? Really? You clip toe and finger nails, not talons. Wouldn't a dragon keep his hard and 'ready' in draconic style? Lofwyr is not going out with Hestaby for a pedicure!

So was the whole thing a joke on metahumanity?

(See the things I think of when I trim my oldest's nails?)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dumori
post Apr 30 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Dumorimasoddaa

Member No.: 15,830

May be big D likes is talons short and extra sharp. As to his death well it not exactly clear. Also parts of dragons are very usefull in enchanting.

See the famous "You want me to what in where?!" example.

+Quote Post
Creel
post Apr 30 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,769

No telling what kind of power is in a piece of a million year old dragon claw.

dog and cat nails get trimmed. I've not done much falconry in my life, but I believe there is some grooming involved there as well.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Apr 30 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #4

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

Dragon pieces are rare radicals. Those toe clippings are worth a fortune AND can be used for mighty mumbo jumbo. Also,from the Dragon book we know Dragon talons grow just like human nails and need regular shortening, either by clawing vigorously at things on a daily basis or, if clawing at things might not go well with your surroundings, by cutting them.

The offer also plunged the Voodoo league guys in the carribean into chaos, which probably was his intention.

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Apr 30 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #5

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

some of the other entries are jokes, or in-jokes with other people, but the clippings are Serious Business.

/would page AH to this thread, but all the questions are really answered.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Apr 30 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Take a closer look at the Enchanting rules in Street Magic sometime. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.