Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Improved Attribute, Exceeding Natural Maximum
Tomothy
post May 17 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,558

The cost is doubled for improving an attribute beyond the natural maximum with the Improved Attribute adept power. Does this happen retroactively as well? If I have an elf with agility 7 and I buy Improved Agility for 0.75 points and then later up my agility by one do I have to change the cost of Improved Agility to 1.5?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CeeJay
post May 17 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

From: Nowhere near you... unless you happen to be near Cologne.
Member No.: 16,776

No, the power point costs do not change.

This adept power always uses the unaugmented attribute value when calculating the power point costs. For example, you have a human with a natural STR of 4. For the first point of Increase Strength you pay 0.75 points, even if you have implanted muscle replacement rating 2 for a total of STR 6.

On the other hand, the attribute in addition to the adept power becomes your new natural attribute score. That means, if you want to increase the attribute with karma in the above example, you would have to pay 30 karma for a STR-increase from 5 (natural 4 + Increase STR rating 1) to 6.

Hope that makes it clear...

-CJ

+Quote Post
Summerstorm
post May 17 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 17,225

That sounds terrible... and confusing.

I would just return his power point(s) when he upgrades his natural. And if he wishes he can buy it anew (for the higher costs of course): Everybody happy *g*.

+Quote Post
Karoline
post May 17 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,652

QUOTE (Summerstorm @ May 17 2010, 09:31 AM) *
That sounds terrible... and confusing.

I would just return his power point(s) when he upgrades his natural. And if he wishes he can buy it anew (for the higher costs of course): Everybody happy *g*.

It isn't that bad. Basically getting the improved attribute power is exactly identical to raising the stat via karma expenditure.

+Quote Post
Caadium
post May 17 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,646

QUOTE (Karoline @ May 17 2010, 07:14 AM) *
It isn't that bad. Basically getting the improved attribute power is exactly identical to raising the stat via karma expenditure.

But possibly at a discounted rate. For example, raising magic can be cheaper than a Troll raising his strength, not to mention that .75 power points means you can get an extra little something something for that karma.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:21 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.