Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Improved Attribute
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tomothy
The cost is doubled for improving an attribute beyond the natural maximum with the Improved Attribute adept power. Does this happen retroactively as well? If I have an elf with agility 7 and I buy Improved Agility for 0.75 points and then later up my agility by one do I have to change the cost of Improved Agility to 1.5?
CeeJay
No, the power point costs do not change.

This adept power always uses the unaugmented attribute value when calculating the power point costs. For example, you have a human with a natural STR of 4. For the first point of Increase Strength you pay 0.75 points, even if you have implanted muscle replacement rating 2 for a total of STR 6.

On the other hand, the attribute in addition to the adept power becomes your new natural attribute score. That means, if you want to increase the attribute with karma in the above example, you would have to pay 30 karma for a STR-increase from 5 (natural 4 + Increase STR rating 1) to 6.

Hope that makes it clear...

-CJ
Summerstorm
That sounds terrible... and confusing.

I would just return his power point(s) when he upgrades his natural. And if he wishes he can buy it anew (for the higher costs of course): Everybody happy *g*.
Karoline
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ May 17 2010, 09:31 AM) *
That sounds terrible... and confusing.

I would just return his power point(s) when he upgrades his natural. And if he wishes he can buy it anew (for the higher costs of course): Everybody happy *g*.

It isn't that bad. Basically getting the improved attribute power is exactly identical to raising the stat via karma expenditure.
Caadium
QUOTE (Karoline @ May 17 2010, 07:14 AM) *
It isn't that bad. Basically getting the improved attribute power is exactly identical to raising the stat via karma expenditure.

But possibly at a discounted rate. For example, raising magic can be cheaper than a Troll raising his strength, not to mention that .75 power points means you can get an extra little something something for that karma.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012