Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jason Bourne, A character idea
lrmack0427
post May 20 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: New Member Probation
Member No.: 18,513

Im thinking of playing a jason bourne kind of character he would not remember who he is or why he knows how to do all the things he can do. I'm thinking he should be an elf from Tír Tairngire whos gone rogue. Im also leaning to cyber for him but magic would be ok i just dont think i can pull it off as easily. Im wanting to see if anyone has any idea on how to go about doing this. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nezumi
post May 20 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

I've done that for a PC in my game (although I went with Cypher more than Bourne - more espionage). I strongly recommend that, if at all possible, you simply choose the amnesia quality and ask your GM nicely to make a character within the approximate specifications you request. It's far more exciting to truly not know who your friends or enemies are, where you're from, etc., than to already know it and just be pretending not to. You may also want to combine amnesia with some other harsh flaws to free up some points (and make a more desperate character).

+Quote Post
Grinder
post May 20 2010, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

Check this thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=20347

(In general, using Search is a great idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

+Quote Post
Caadium
post May 20 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,646

Just my $0.02, but I would suggest going Bioware. Cyber and even magic (for an adept) is easier to scan for, track, etc.

Also, as fun as the movies were, I suggest you read the books. They are COMPLETELY different stories, and in my opinion Bourne is FAR more interesting a character out of the book stories.

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post May 20 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,014

QUOTE (Caadium @ May 20 2010, 01:57 PM) *
Also, as fun as the movies were, I suggest you read the books. They are COMPLETELY different stories, and in my opinion Bourne is FAR more interesting a character out of the book stories.

Yeah, I like the Bank scene in the first book much better than the movie... Grapple guy in elevator, rip his ear off to distract him, then throw him into the room as the elevator opens to act as a bullet shield. He was hardcore.

Also, when he met the girl.. he kidnapped her and made her walk in front of him as a bullet shield/distraction, then brought her along while he executed a cripple. She totally hated him... and it wasnt until he was shot and dying, and came back to save her that she decided there was anything in him worth liking.

+Quote Post
Caadium
post May 20 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (DamienKnight @ May 20 2010, 12:49 PM) *
Yeah, I like the Bank scene in the first book much better than the movie... Grapple guy in elevator, rip his ear off to distract him, then throw him into the room as the elevator opens to act as a bullet shield. He was hardcore.

Also, when he met the girl.. he kidnapped her and made her walk in front of him as a bullet shield/distraction, then brought her along while he executed a cripple. She totally hated him... and it wasnt until he was shot and dying, and came back to save her that she decided there was anything in him worth liking.

Beyond the hardcore I was mostly referring the psychological elements of who Jason Bourne / David Webb really is/was.

+Quote Post
DamienKnight
post May 20 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,014

QUOTE (Caadium @ May 20 2010, 04:08 PM) *
Beyond the hardcore I was mostly referring the psychological elements of who Jason Bourne / David Webb really is/was.

Yeah, but I couldnt pass up the chance to mention forced ear removal.

+Quote Post
Rand
post May 21 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,100

QUOTE (DamienKnight @ May 20 2010, 05:45 PM) *
Yeah, but I couldnt pass up the chance to mention forced ear removal.

Nice.

No matter which way you go, more than 400 BP are needed to make that character, quite a few more...

+Quote Post
Platinum
post May 21 2010, 02:45 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

QUOTE (Rand @ May 20 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Nice.

No matter which way you go, more than 400 BP are needed to make that character, quite a few more...

Agreed. But that is the beauty of the plot. Jason didn't use all of his languages and talents right away. Some of them came up later. It would mean giving up control of new skills to the gm.

But what a ride it would be.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 21 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #10

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Caadium @ May 20 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Just my $0.02, but I would suggest going Bioware. Cyber and even magic (for an adept) is easier to scan for, track, etc.

This.... So much more realized in my opinion than the movies...

Keep the Faith

+Quote Post
Caadium
post May 21 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (Platinum @ May 20 2010, 07:45 PM) *
Agreed. But that is the beauty of the plot. Jason didn't use all of his languages and talents right away. Some of them came up later. It would mean giving up control of new skills to the gm.

But what a ride it would be.

I would love to run it as well as play it. Every time I ask a player if they want to do the amnesia or mysterious implant, or whatnot type of route they always say no and get scared. They don't believe me that my smile would be just as fun for them. Players, all RPGs and especially my SR players, are a paranoid lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:40 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.